Question New PC Build, Boots Up, No Connection To Monitor, Mouse Or Keyboard, HELP!

Jul 28, 2022
This is my first pc build and I've done a good bit of research prior to this, but I still am not sure what's wrong. The PC boots up, the cosmetics lights light up just fine, even the power supply, fans, and graphics card turn on. However the fans on the power supply and the graphics cards turn off after a short while.
I tried a lot of things from transferring the RAM to seperate slots, checking the cpu, resetting the cmos, even replacing the power supply, taking out the graphics card, etc.
However the one thing I did notice on boot up is the DRAM LED will stay on for a considerable amount of time (even with the RAM in place) before shutting off.

Parts list:

Cpu: intel core i9-11900k 2.5 GHz 8 Core Processor

CPU cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560M-A Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory. (1.35 V)

Graphics card
: EVGA GeForce RTX 3050 8GB 8 GB XC GAMING Video Card

Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

Power supply: Corsair RM (2021) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Case: Corsair iCUE 4000X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case

This is my first pc build and I've done a good bit of research prior to this, but I still am not sure what's wrong. The PC boots up, the cosmetics lights light up just fine, even the power supply, fans, and graphics card turn on. However the fans on the power supply and the graphics cards turn off after a short while.
I tried a lot of things from transferring the RAM to seperate slots, checking the cpu, resetting the cmos, even replacing the power supply, taking out the graphics card, etc.
However the one thing I did notice on boot up is the DRAM LED will stay on for a considerable amount of time (even with the RAM in place) before shutting off.

Parts list:

Cpu: intel core i9-11900k 2.5 GHz 8 Core Processor

CPU cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560M-A Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory. (1.35 V)

Graphics card
: EVGA GeForce RTX 3050 8GB 8 GB XC GAMING Video Card

Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

Power supply: Corsair RM (2021) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Case: Corsair iCUE 4000X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case
One stick of ram in the proper slot.
Remove the gpu and connect the monitor to the mobo.
Unplug all disk.
If no display on power up move everything on to a piece of cardboard.
Test.

Reactions: C.W.W.576
Jul 28, 2022
One stick of ram in the proper slot.
Remove the gpu and connect the monitor to the mobo.
Unplug all disk.
If no display on power up move everything on to a piece of cardboard.
Test.
I tried doing what you suggested and unfortunately it still didn't work. I can't get the pc to connect to my monitor at all.
The orange led on the mobo still turns on for about 3 seconds before turning off during power up.

Last edited:
I tried doing what you suggested and unfortunately it still didn't work. I can't get the pc to connect to my monitor at all.
The DRAM led on the mobo still turns on for about 3 seconds before turning off during power up.
The mobo is sitting on a piece of cardboard?

Unplug the monitor....test.

If it still powers off your down to 4 parts.
Psu.
Mobo.
Ram.
Cpu/hsf.

Reactions: C.W.W.576