Question New PC build, but I can't get internet.

Will172

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
So I've got a new build:

Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

CPU: 2700 Ryzen
Motherboard: Asus Prime X470 Pro
RAM: x2 16GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200mhz (although I can only get 2133mhz atm)
GPU: nVidia 2070 Windforce
HD: 1tb Western Digital Blue M.2 2280 SSD
PSU: Corsair 650W Gold

The adapter on the motherboard is Intel I211 Gigabit Network and I'm running the latest driver (12.15.184.0) I have also tried a roll back to driver 12.15.22.6 and same problem.

Main problem at the moment is I barely get internet. It's wired to the ethernet port on the motherboard. At first I assumed that it was a faulty board, and got the shop I bought it from to test it for me and..

they ran a ping for 3hrs successfully on a test rig...

So it's wired back up and I am getting internet for maybe a minute or 2 then it drops.

CMD goes along the lines of:

Reply from xxx.xxx.xxx.xx
Request timed out.
General failure.
Request timed out.
Reply from 192.168.0.38: Destination host unreachable.

On top of this, I've had a few BSOD saying things like KERNAL AUTO BOOST INVALID LOCK RELEASE and one mentioning USBXHCI.SYS (not sure if relevant)

So I've updated the bios to the latest version, taken out a ram stick and made everything in BIOS default.

I have no idea what to do next – anyone got any ideas?

UPDATE 1
I installed a network card and it worked... Not an ideal solution. But does that help figure the problem in anyway?

Also I checked the Event Viewer and I had an Error.

Event ID 411
Problem starting a Driver name: net1ic64.inf

When I googled this – it told me to turn off Fast Boot in the power settings, I've done that, and I don't get the error now, but I still get no internet.

Last edited:

Will172

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
Yes the lights turn on – I don't think I installed that, I did install a big Intel adapter program, that allowed me to test the adapter and make the lights flash? I'll try installing the turbo lan software.