New pc build. Cannot install windows. Need help please.

Keith Zammit

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
Hi, I have just recently put together a gaming system, and cannot get past the windows installation.

The components used are as follows:
Silverstone SST-TJ08E case
Asus Z87M Pro
Inter Core i5 4670K
Kingston Technology KHX16C10B1B/8 HyperX Series 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMM Memory
Seagate Barracuda 3.5 inch 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB 6GB/S
Corsair Builder Series CXM 750W
EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 Superclocked 2GB

Whenever I try installing windows 7 it freezes on windows logo, with SATA set to ACHI in bios settings.

I even tried installing windows xp but it was displaying a bsod which I got past by setting SATA o IDE in bios. Formatted but froze on installing devices. I checked log files and it showed that cpu driver and another device could not be installed so I deleted the files. Got past the installation without being able to install drivers for the new hardware it detected (CPU and other device). After restarting I got the same bsod I was getting before I set SATA to IDE. So I'm back to square one. No clue what to do. Could it be compatibility issues? This is my first pc build but I believe I plugged in everything correctly. I forgot to mention that I have not installed GPU yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Keith Zammit

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014

Will try that, and get back to you. Thanks.

Windows 7 just freezes on logo on IDE too.

Using HDD no ssd.

Benjamin J Tonna

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014

Hi, it s keith zammit. Csm was already enabled.

I'm running out of ideas.
Try leaving single RAM module installed, make a bootable USB drive, copy the Windows files on it, connect the drive to an USB 2.0 port and try installing from USB.
Have you used the SATA cable that came with the motherboard for connecting the HDD and DVD?
Try also disabling fast boot in BIOS, if enabled.

Keith Zammit

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
Thank you for your replies but I have concluded that there must be a fault with the mbo, after ruling out the ram and hdd by testing them with another pc. I will be having it replaced soon, will keep you posted. Thanks again.