Question New PC Build - Constant and changing BSODs from day 1. Please help! - With dump files

Nov 27, 2020
I got and built my new PC a week ago (first ever build, and I had help because I'm a bit useless with this stuff), and it has been a sad, blue disaster ever since. Started with BSODs on the first night, and has happened at 5 minute to a couple hour intervals ever since. We have tried many many things since then to fix it, which I'll list below:
  1. Troubleshooting all drivers in Safe Mode and removing unnecessary drivers I originally installed (Bluetooth, printer, etc.)
  2. Re-installing Windows - currently running the lastest (20H2) but tried 20H1 as well.
  3. Swapping GPU and RAM with my partner's (one by one, not at the same time). They both worked fine on his machine (which also has an AMD CPU, ASUS MOBO (ATX), Corsair RAM, Palit GeForce GPU and running Windows 10). My machine still crashed when testing out both his RAM and GPU. The crashing seemed to be worst with his RAM (2x4GB 3200mhz Corsair Vengeance LPX).
  4. Setting the RAM to base (2133), 2666 and 3200. BSOD at all speeds.
  5. Running the memory diagnostic tool several times. Passed every time.
  6. Running system file check in command prompt using the code "sfc /scannow". Came back that everything was fine.
Here are a number of the error codes I keep getting (although they change all the time):
  • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
  • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
  • KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL
  • DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER
  • UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
  • APX_INDEX_MISMATCH
  • REFERENCE_BY_POINTER
Here are the most recent dump files:
Something interesting worth noting is that it has not once crashed during a game, which is when the load is highest. It seems to crash mostly when I'm downloading large files, or swapping between browser tabs, or between the browser and other programs like Spotify or Windows Explorer. Sometimes it crashes when I'm not doing anything at all, or even at the desk.

Another quirky detail is that the PC makes the "new hardware installed/detected" sound every time I log in, as if it's installing the keyboard and mouse for the first time on every boot up.

Lastly - I didn't check the MOBO's QVL against my chosen RAM, which was an oversight. The MOBO is meant to support up to 32gb 3200mhz RAM, and that's what I based my purchase decision off of. The QVL for this MOBO does list the 2x8GB kit of the exact same RAM though (CMU16GX4M2C3200C16), just not the 2x16GB kit, so I feel like it is hopefully not a compatibility issue? I've read online that Corsair RAM gives more issues than other RAM, which I didn't know when I bought it. I can't return any of my parts unless there's actually something wrong with them, so... Praying y'all can help and it's not a compatibility issue. :coldsweat:

Build (all new parts):
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 with stock cooler
  • GPU: Palit GeForce RTX 2060 Dual OC (NE62060S18J9-1160A)
  • MOBO: ASUS Prime B450M-K (m-ATX)
  • PSU: Corsair Bronze 80+ 650W (CP-9020211)
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED 2x16GB 3200mhz (CMU32GX4M2C3200C16)
  • SSD: ADATA NGFF/M.2 512 SX6000 PRO - 512GB
  • HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm
  • Case: Fractal Design FD-CA-FOCUS-MINI-BK-W Focus G Mini
Thank you!

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2020
latest bios?
what do you mean not the latest windows?
download the latest installation media from microsoft website
Yes, running the latest version of the bios (although the absolute newest says its still in Beta, so havn't tried that)

Windows installed s is the latest (20H2) however, we though that since it was only just recently released it might still have some weird bugs (as lastest updates sometimes do) so have tried both 20H1 and 20H2, didn't make a difference.