New Pc Build, CPU not powering on/No post - No signal

jazzaitup

Prominent
Oct 27, 2017
So I have finally resulted in asking the community about an issue I am having with a new pc I am building for my girlfriend. It isn't the best build ever to be put together but it should work none the less, everything seems compatible after thorough checks.

So my problem lies within the 'No input signal' from the monitor. I am an avid pc builder and have built many computers so I do know what I am doing. I have had this problem before with easy fixes but this has got me stuck. I have done everything in the book to try and fix this issue. I have reseated the RAM and placed it in multiple seats. I have taken the graphics card out and have tried a vga cable from the motherboard to no aveil. I have tried HDMI, DVI and VGA cables, once again does not work. All of the lights and fans spin perfectly, the light trim on the motherboard comes on so everything is powers on. Only thing I can think of, is that my CPU isn't getting powered. I have taken out my CPU multiple times to check after leaving the pc on for about 20-30 minutes fast after turning it off, -!: it is not warm at all, it is dead cold. The 4 pin CPU power is connected and have tried that thousands of times I feel like, so no idea what is going on there. Even if it was connected it should still get warm. The CPU fan is connected properly and firm, the CPU itself, have checked the pins and they are all straight none are bent, it sits perfectly, heat sink applied well. The hard drive is running I can here it turn on and spin. All of the parts are brand new and there shouldn't be any faults with them what so ever, no matter what people say about their parts, 1 in thousands is defected out of the factory so it's highly unlikely that's the case. I have checked for shorts in the system, it deffinetely isn't shorting it out. I really don't understand what is the problem. I really hope someone can take the time to read all of this and hopefully discover the problem. Probably a long shot but I really hope someone can help, would be greatly appreciated.

Specs and pictures: https://imgur.com/a/zPa3y
https://imgur.com/a/tk8dQ

Thanks a heap in advanced, Jason.

You have I3-8100 which is 8th gen CPU and motherboard supports up to 7th gen CPU's
"Supports 7th / 6th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors Dual Channel DDR4"
It may not heat up because the pinout may be different.
Soo either swapping out CPU for 7th gen would be advisable or buying an i5 6400 (suggestion) as it may come cheaper. (its low powered and has good perfomance).

As i've heard some folks managed to make fully working 8th gen with 100 series motherboard and 200. But thats another pair of shoes.

NOTE: Im unable to go to motherboards website for some reason and unable to check CPU support list.

jazzaitup

Prominent
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the responses. I do however believe that the 8100 is still compatible with the motherboard, being one of the better i3's, has the same pin configuration and should technically still turn on. I will look more into this when I get home from work and let you know.

If it says on page of that motherboard in CPU support that it is supported then it is, but "has the same pin configuration and should technically still turn on" this is partially true it can work but only if you can "mod" bios and risk your warranty or bricking it.
Yes it is possible to run, but it needs modification, but you need 7th or 6th gen CPU to make that.

And modifying bios to recognize swap pin recognizion and that stuff, Google it if you are willing to do im not gonna point out.

jazzaitup

Prominent
Oct 27, 2017
So I have swapped over the 8100 for a i3 7300 and when I go to turn it on and everything like that. The exact same thing is happening, once again tried everything, and nothing, still the same shit. Every port I try, multiple monitors, nothing at all. All fans spinning tried multiple ram slots hdd is spinning, only thing I can logically think of is the spy power connector doesn't work, because there literally isn't anything else. Someone please help.