[SOLVED] New PC Build CPU

nahyan_121

Reputable
Aug 30, 2017
guys just finished picking components for a new build and i picked Intel Core i7-9700K i dont want i9 cuz iveheard its super hot and take to much power for no reason so all i want now is your guide and i am a big fan of intel since day 1 and i never tried ryzen tech at all should i wait for the new ryzen ? that will come in july ? i really dont know thats why am here thanks

Solution
i will wait then i just wish intel drop something new am not a fan of ryzen but the review got me interested and i can see too much hype over it i mean Ryzen 9 3900X sounds nice and cool name lmao
Great!
Don't expect Intel to drop anything groundbreaking for awhile. They became complacent, and AMD caught them with their pants down.
9900k/kf is going to be the best mainstream option from them for some time.

As long as you're aware of the hype train and don't board it like some other people, you'll be fine. That train will either crash and burn, or the ride won't be nearly as enjoyable as people were expecting.
Quite rarely are these trains a delightful success from beginning to end.

Personally speaking though, I believe the...

nahyan_121

Reputable
Aug 30, 2017
Wait please. Buying now when there's something new coming just days away isn't a wise idea.
Wait for legit reviews, and then decide if you still want to stick with Intel for your new build.
i will wait then i just wish intel drop something new am not a fan of ryzen but the review got me interested and i can see too much hype over it i mean Ryzen 9 3900X sounds nice and cool name lmao

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Great!
Don't expect Intel to drop anything groundbreaking for awhile. They became complacent, and AMD caught them with their pants down.

As long as you're aware of the hype train and don't board it like some other people, you'll be fine. That train will either crash and burn, or the ride won't be nearly as enjoyable as people were expecting.

Personally speaking though, I believe the Ryzen 3000 train to be over hyped. With the launch of 1st gen Ryzen, and Ryzen+, and also their RX - and recently launched Radeon 7 - AMD only appears to be matching their competitors in a particular market segment; not even trying to top the opponents' flagship products, which is what I believe many were expecting them to do. They've continued to disappoint that specific crowd, but the upcoming launch may change that... but I expect their higher end 3000s will match or be marginally better than a 9900k - it won't be a blowout though, because they aren't aiming to do that. The graphics launch is going to be a complete disappointment though, going by the leaked specs. They still can't touch, and probably weren't even trying, Nvidia's high end cards.
I have to give 'em credit as they're working with a much smaller budget than the other two are. I expect Intel to bounce back hard, whenever they get their priorites straight... in due time, I guess.

Solution

xravenxdota

Reputable
Aug 26, 2017
Great!

Personally speaking though, I believe the Ryzen 3000 train to be over hyped. With the launch of 1st gen Ryzen, and Ryzen+, and also their RX - and recently launched Radeon 7 - AMD only appears to be matching their competitors in a particular market segment; not even trying to top the opponents' flagship products, which is what I believe many were expecting them to do. They've continued to disappoint that specific crowd, but the upcoming launch may change that... but I expect their higher end 3000s will match or be marginally better than a 9900k - it won't be a blowout though, because they aren't aiming to do that. The graphics launch is going to be a complete disappointment though, going by the leaked specs. They still can't touch, and probably weren't even trying, Nvidia's high end cards.
I have to give 'em credit as they're working with a much smaller budget than the other two are. I expect Intel to bounce back hard, whenever they get their priorites straight... in due time, I guess.
Tbh i don't think amd over hyped there cpu's.It's more the community .Even amd didn't expect a 15% ipc gain.It's hard for amd that's why i am not expecting much on the gpu front because they use most funds for there cpu market.Thing is intel's prices.Everything intel brings out amd can beat in price to performance specially cause they provide cooling solutions with there cpu's.Only intel cpu i may buy are the 9400F if i was building a pure gaming pc.But i went with amd cause it was cheaper(9400F wasn't released yet)it has 12t which would help when i start video editing.I don't play much games so intel just didn't make a good choice for me.I won't count intel out.I am not a big intel fan cause of there shady tactics in the past but i go for what fits my needs.I wanted a better all round cpu so i went with ryzen.If intel had the same option i would have gone for intel.Problem is intel charge a premium for HT which are wrong.AMD have smt on almost all there cpu's think only 2xx and ryzen 3 2200g doesn't which are really low budget cpu's and really cheap.