Question New PC Build Crash on Windows 10 Install Help Please!

Feb 11, 2022
Fresh build, brand new components. Used 8 pin CPU connector on Mobo, First time power on, PC auto shut off after a few seconds. Checked all connections, looked good, plugged in extra 4 pin CPU connector and tried again. Powered on fine.

Booted from CD, performed windows 10 install (brand new disk). Install said Windows needs to reboot to finish installing. On reboot, computer makes it to screen after bios screen (with TUF gaming Logo) and freezes with spinning wheel not spinning, eventually leading to blue screen. Have tried reinstalling countless times with slightly different results each time, but always crashing during install or reboot after install.

Things I've tried:
Swapped M.2 for a sata SSD. Removed M.2 from mobo.
Swapped VGA for an ancient one I had in my box.
Swapped power supply with an old 530W (had only the 8 pin CPU cable, but PC worked fine without the extra 4 pin plug)
Swapped RAM with identical ram sticks (4 different sticks tried in 1, 2, 4 configurations)
Swapped keyboard
Unplugged all case peripherals and RGB cables.
Downloaded windows 10 install tool on USB in case CD was corrupt somehow
Flashed BIOS with latest firmware
Removed CMOS battery

Computer Specs:
ASUS TUF X570 PRO WIFI
Ryzen 7 5800X
MSI RTX3080 Trident Z
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL (2x8GB) 3600 CS18
EVGA Supernova 750W
Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2280 1TB

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2022
Disk is retail straight from Newegg.
BIOS ver. 4203 flashed with Asus ez flash
Have tried enabling DOCP but that’s about as far as I went with tweaking the RAM settings.

Feb 11, 2022
I downloaded the windows media creation tool onto a freshly formatted flash drive and tried installing windows that way. Exact same results, either crash while installing, or after it reboots to finish installing. Side note, after flashing the BIOS, installation either crashes at around 4% or has failed giving me the error codes 0x80070026 and 0x0070005 (different times on different install attempts). Flashing BIOS was one of the last things I tried, so everything else was done prior with no error codes.