[SOLVED] NEW PC BUILD CRASHING, HELP!

Oct 30, 2019
Hi guys i have just bought a new pc, the screen started freezing after a couple of days in game https://www.twitch.tv/junglau/clip/HeartlessRefinedPoxKappaClaus?filter=clips&range=30d&sort=time CS:GO
I think this was a problem within the game, i used a command in the game which someone said would fix this problem and now it has not frozen for a week.
But my new pc has still crashed twice when i was on the desktop.... so im afraid there still migth be something wrong with the hardware.
Once it crashed when i clicked on the game (CS:GO) to open it. The screen started blinking going black and then showing the desktop again and so on. It also made a weird buzzing sound in the headset i recorded this with my phone. I had to hard reset to make it stop.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbp5EDImxsE&feature=youtu.be

Hope someone can recognize what might be causing this.
My pc specs are
Case: NZXT H510
Processor: Ryzen 7 3700X
Processor cooler: NZXT X62
Motherboard: GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Elite
Graphic: GIGABYTE RTX 2080 Ti WindForce
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ NEO 32GB 3600MHz CL16
SSD: Intel 660p 1TB
PSU: Corsair RM750x

Solution
Check event viewer to see if any events occur.

I think it may be the GPU or motherboard or a Windows error as it seems like the display drivers are crashing. I had the same with my old GPU but that was an AMD and yours is a Nvidia. I would try another GPU if possible.

Can't see any incompatibilities through PC Part Picker so shouldn't be an incompatibility

H0PEFU11Y

Prominent
Apr 30, 2019

I think it may be the GPU or motherboard or a Windows error as it seems like the display drivers are crashing. I had the same with my old GPU but that was an AMD and yours is a Nvidia. I would try another GPU if possible.

Can't see any incompatibilities through PC Part Picker so shouldn't be an incompatibility

Solution
Oct 30, 2019

Figured out, i looked at event viewer and it was display driver crash, do u think the build is unstable or is it just "unlucky" graphic card i have recieved?

Reactions: H0PEFU11Y

H0PEFU11Y

Prominent
Apr 30, 2019
Figured out, i looked at event viewer and it was display driver crash, do u think the build is unstable or is it just "unlucky" graphic card i have recieved?

Build shouldn't be unstable. I would think it is the graphics card but do as the person above suggested just to see if that allows for some more stability :)

If you have on-board graphics at all, I would try them.

Oct 30, 2019
It didnt help with driver, did help changing the graphics card tho. Has not crashed for a couple days with a 2070s instead. Would u recommend a bigger psu if i get the ryzen 3900x instead?

Reactions: H0PEFU11Y

H0PEFU11Y

Prominent
Apr 30, 2019
It didnt help with driver, did help changing the graphics card tho. Has not crashed for a couple days with a 2070s instead. Would u recommend a bigger psu if i get the ryzen 3900x instead?

To be on the safe side, it may be a good idea. I don't know much about PSU's though. I would RMA the GPU if possible after doing more diagnostics.