[SOLVED] New PC Build - Doesn't Turn Back On

Dec 31, 2019
Hello! I had a new PC I just built, and it runs great. The only issue is when the computer falls asleep, or when I power down, it doesn't turn back on. I have to either turn off the power supply, and then back on (3 times) or unplug from the outlet for a moment and then replug for it to turn back on.

I hate having to do this.. I turned off quick start on Windows. Windows is on an SSD I'm not sure if that's an issue?

When it falls asleep and I click the mouse and keyboard, nothing happens (they're RGB and they stay off). When I click on the power button on the tower when it's off, it flashes and then the light cuts out, and it won't turn on, no matter how many times I click. All the components in the computer are up and running while all of this is happening. Not sure if I got a bad case, but it wouldn't explain the keyboard not waking the computer up either. I checked the settings they're set to turn on from sleep.

Now I have it on Never Sleep which I don't like either. Please help!!!

PC components:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
GeForce GTX 1660 6GB
ASRock B450M Steel Legend Socket AM4
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16gb DDR4
Kingston 240 GB SATA Internal SSD (holds windows)
Seagate BarraCuda 2TB Internal HDD
FSP Hyper M 85+ 550W 80 Plus Bronze Semi Modular power supply
Rosewill ATX Mid Tower

Last edited:
Solution
If not already having it (older) or even when having a later bios flash to bios 2.50, but first update to latest AMD chipset drivers,
B450 Drivers & Support | AMD
for bios,
ASRock > B450M Steel Legend

Later than biosses aren't recommended to run with your cpu so if you have a later one try and flash this one i recommend,may want to contact Asrock support as well,ask what it might do.

have already another thread where a bios was used that according to Asrock wasn't meant to be used with older cpu's and that guy has problems as well which might well come from that bios+cpu combo.

Can check for what bios is used in the bios itself or on the motehrboards bioschip sits a small sticker which says with what bios the motherboard...

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
One thing you can try without knowing specs is going into bios and disable the energy saving states C6/7. Still would like to know specs to be sure,might be that psu doesn't support these low power states the cpu (if certain Intel) can get into.

for specs,
download hwinfo,
install and open it=click run,
close the top window which is the system summary,
in the main window at the left top click "save report",
at the bottom of the next window check "Summary for Clipboard",
after that you'll see what's in the pc,
copy by clicking "copy to clipboard" and rightclick+paste in your next respons

need also all psu specs like maker+model+wattage.

Dec 31, 2019
One thing you can try without knowing specs is going into bios and disable the energy saving states C6/7. Still would like to know specs to be sure,might be that psu doesn't support these low power states the cpu (if certain Intel) can get into.

for specs,

need also all psu specs like maker+model+wattage.

My apologies! Here are the components
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
GeForce GTX 1660 6GB
Rosewill ATX Mid Tower

Dec 31, 2019
The proper place to start would be a complete list of specs.
Right! My bad

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
GeForce GTX 1660 6GB
Rosewill ATX Mid Tower

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
If not already having it (older) or even when having a later bios flash to bios 2.50, but first update to latest AMD chipset drivers,
B450 Drivers & Support | AMD
for bios,
ASRock > B450M Steel Legend

Later than biosses aren't recommended to run with your cpu so if you have a later one try and flash this one i recommend,may want to contact Asrock support as well,ask what it might do.

have already another thread where a bios was used that according to Asrock wasn't meant to be used with older cpu's and that guy has problems as well which might well come from that bios+cpu combo.

Can check for what bios is used in the bios itself or on the motehrboards bioschip sits a small sticker which says with what bios the motherboard came. Can even look with hwinfo which is a handy tool anyway,

download hwinfo,
install and open it=click run,
look at the top window which is the system summary,
in the lefthand lower quarter you will find the bios that you run.

Solution