• MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi
  • MSI RTX 2070 Super
  • 2x8gb Corsair Vengance RGB
  • Samsung Evo 970 M.2 SSD 500gb
  • Seagate Barracuda 2tb HDD
  • Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
  • Seasonic Focus GX-550
  • 3x CoolerMasted Sickleflow v2 aRGB fans

Everything runs fine and even on ultra graphics on games such as Warzone, the temps stay quite low. Additionally, it typically boots up in 5-6 seconds. However, when I do not turn on the PC for a while, I will hit the on button, it will turn on and fans/rgb will be on for 4-5 seconds, then the PC turns right back off. When I proceed to turn it back on, it takes around 1 minute to boot up, then everything boots up fine, and if I were to turn the PC off and on again, it boots up in 5-6 seconds. I was wondering if this is normal or an issue I should be worried about?

Aug 13, 2020
Yes, I have fast boot on, however is that supposed to cause the PC to be on for 3-4 seconds then suddenly turn off off when doing a cold boot up?

Aug 13, 2020
Hi there,

Recently built my first PC with the following specs
  • Intel i7 10700k
  • MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi
  • MSI RTX 2070 Super
  • 2x8gb Corsair Vengance RGB
  • Samsung Evo 970 M.2 SSD 500gb
  • Seagate Barracuda 2tb HDD
  • Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
  • Seasonic Focus GX-550
  • 3x CoolerMasted Sickleflow v2 aRGB fans
Everything runs fine and even on ultra graphics on games such as Warzone, the temps stay quite low. Additionally, it typically boots up in 5-6 seconds. However, when I do not turn on the PC for a while, I will hit the on button, it will turn on and fans/rgb will be on for 4-5 seconds, then the PC turns right back off. When I proceed to turn it back on, it takes around 1 minute to boot up, then everything boots up fine, and if I were to turn the PC off and on again, it boots up in 5-6 seconds. I was wondering if this is normal or an issue I should be worried about?

Aug 13, 2020
Something wrong with the power supply.
and also check the harddisk for error and try and defrag the hdd.

I'm currently doing a scan of the M.2 SSD I have Windows 10 installed on. But do you think the problem could be the PSU only being 550w? I calculated how much wattage my PC consumes at maximum load and it's around 450w, and I'm able to run games smoothly for hours on end with no problems or anything.

simonyeeklang

Distinguished
BANNED
Aug 22, 2011
I'm currently doing a scan of the M.2 SSD I have Windows 10 installed on. But do you think the problem could be the PSU only being 550w? I calculated how much wattage my PC consumes at maximum load and it's around 450w, and I'm able to run games smoothly for hours on end with no problems or anything.
I have MSI Tomahawk B450 Max, WD NVMe, GPU AMD 560, Ryzen 5 3700X , Kingston Hyper X 8gbX2 (XMP On), PSU is Vantec Ion2 620 W.
WD on gaming mode
MSI on gaming mode
Runs Warzone with no issues.

But Power socket from the lightning protector is a bit warm.
Always think overhead don't just calculate minimum usage
Think of fans, extra HDD

Worse aging of component, dust inside the case.
I would blow out all the dust once a while using the company compress air.

Aug 13, 2020
I have MSI Tomahawk B450 Max, WD NVMe, GPU AMD 560, Ryzen 5 3700X , Kingston Hyper X 8gbX2 (XMP On), PSU is Vantec Ion2 620 W.
WD on gaming mode
MSI on gaming mode

Think of fans, extra HDD

Ah I see. What I'm really trying to figure out here is the random times when I won't use it for maybe around 12+ hours overnight, then turn it on first thing in morning and it turns right back off, but proceeds to work fine after doing a slightly longer than normal boot up. Could it possibly be PSU (even tho it's brand new)? or maybe Motherboard issue? or some BIOS setting?

Aug 13, 2020
WD on gaming mode
MSI on gaming mode

Think of fans, extra HDD

Also, keep in mind this isn't a really big problem because I can turn my PC off/on perfectly normal on a regular basis. Just wanted to know if this problem will result in other malfunctions later on?