[SOLVED] New PC Build, DRAM LED orange, no boot

Sep 20, 2020
So I just built my very first PC today but I am having some issues with booting it up. When I switch it on everything runs, fans work, GPU fans are going, CPU cooler works, RAM lights up, but the DRAM LED on my mobo lights up orange which according to my manual means there is an issue with the RAM. I have tried with only one stick, I have made sure the RAM is compatible with my motherboard, that they are both pushed in correctly and I have checked countless times that they are in the correct lanes but nothing seems to work. When I first switch on the PC the CPU LED flashes red for a second and beeps which the manual says means the boot is disabled which makes sense because nothing comes up on my monitor it just says no video input.

My list of components are:
Asus PRIME Z490-A
Intel Core i5-10600KF
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070
Corsair Vengence RGB Pro (2x8GB) (CMW16GX4M2C3200C16W)

Corsair Hydro H100i RGB AIO liquid cooler
Kingston A2000 1TB M.2 SSD
Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD

I'm really not sure where to go from this point :((

FIXED: My RAM was just faulty.

Last edited:
Solution
If clearing CMOS does not allow access to Bios then it may be corrupted.
To recover your Bios follow instructions as per page 3-4 of your MB Manual.
Your RAM should be compliant however may need a Bios update in which case when in Bios update as per EZ Flash 3 utility. You can use a USB to update however don't forget to Rename the file you download from ASUS support to PZ490A.CAP and follow instructions as per page 3-3 of the manual.

Normally you can access Bios by spamming the delete key during Post cycle.
Hi Ncda.

The 24 pin power cable is properly connected?
The CPU power cable is properly connected?
The RAM sticks are in A2 and B2 and properly seated?
When you tested with 1 stick you put it in A2?

Did you try clearing the CMOS? Unplug system. Turn off PSU. Remove the battery. Press and hold the power button to drain the remaining power from the system. Wait a few minutes. Put the battery back. Plug the system. Turn on the PSU. Turn the system on.

The DRAM LED can be caused by an issue with the CPU. Make sure they are no bent pin on the motherboard CPU socket. The memory controller is inside the CPU.

Sep 20, 2020
Hi Ncda.

Did you try clearing the CMOS? Unplug system. Turn off PSU. Remove the battery. Press and hold the power button to drain the remaining power from the system. Wait a few minutes. Put the battery back. Plug the system. Turn on the PSU. Turn the system on.

The DRAM LED can be caused by an issue with the CPU. Make sure they are no bent pin on the motherboard CPU socket. The memory controller is inside the CPU.

Thanks for responding :)
The answer to the first four qs is yes, I have double-checked all of that stuff, I have not tried clearing the CMOS yet, Ill give that a go and then get back to you.

Sep 20, 2020
Ok so
Hi Ncda.

Ok, so I just cleared it and restarted it. The DRAM light is still on :(

If clearing CMOS does not allow access to Bios then it may be corrupted.
To recover your Bios follow instructions as per page 3-4 of your MB Manual.
Your RAM should be compliant however may need a Bios update in which case when in Bios update as per EZ Flash 3 utility. You can use a USB to update however don't forget to Rename the file you download from ASUS support to PZ490A.CAP and follow instructions as per page 3-3 of the manual.

Normally you can access Bios by spamming the delete key during Post cycle.

Reactions: ncda
Solution