[SOLVED] New PC build, fans/lights turn on but no boot up

TG_David

Reputable
Jan 2, 2017
Hey guys, I ran into an unfortunate problem while building a PC for my girlfriend's friend.

The PC parts are:

Ryzen 3 3100
ASRock B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4
Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB DDR4-3200 CL16
TCSunBow X3 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Asus GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER 4 GB Phoenix OC
DIYPC F2 MicroATX Mini Tower Case
EVGA 500 W 80+ Certified ATX

So, this is my third PC build and the one time I do it for someone else there's an issue x_x Everything is wired correctly I believe (I can provide photos if needed, wire management is a mess though). The back case fan turns on along with the LED, the GPU light turns on and GPU fan, CPU heatsink fan turns on, front panel LED turns on but just no boot. And the front panel fan doesn't turn on either strangely enough.

I connected an HDMI from the GPU to my monitor and it does "connect", as in the monitor will cycle through its ports and show "no signal", but ultimately no boot. Could this be that my HDMI cord is damaged or something? Trying to hopefully find an obvious error first.

Another thing I noticed is that the PC will power down (fans and LEDs go out) for like a second and turn back on after about 10 seconds of running.

My last resort is to take everything apart and put it back together but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Thank you for reading and sorry if I'm doing this wrong, one of my first posts here.

Solution
I thought this motherboard was Ryzen 3000 ready and it even has a P3.90 sticker on it. Is it really a BIOS issue?

I can probably figure it out from a youtube video. I'm assuming my same scenario (power to build but no boot) is common with these mobos then?

Thank you so much btw :)
Oh if it says Ryzen 3000 ready then it has the latest BIOS. Maybe this is a GPU output issue. Make sure your GPU is properly connected to your display. Also check for loose cords, make sure everything is plugged in properly. If your RAM has no RGB thats lighting up, it could be dead RAM, or just hasnt been installed correctly. I neglect to think its a dead part, if everything lights up, but just check your non lit up parts to attempt to see if its...
Reassembling parts should be your last resort. Some B450 boards are prepped for 3000 series Ryzen CPUs. The boards often need a BIOS update, which can be done by flashing the latest bios via USB drive. There are in depth tutorials on Youtube, but this is a very common cause of not booting on a B450. If you need help with anything else, im here!

Reactions: TG_David

TG_David

Reputable
Jan 2, 2017
Reassembling parts should be your last resort. Some B450 boards are prepped for 3000 series Ryzen CPUs. The boards often need a BIOS update, which can be done by flashing the latest bios via USB drive. There are in depth tutorials on Youtube, but this is a very common cause of not booting on a B450. If you need help with anything else, im here!

I thought this motherboard was Ryzen 3000 ready and it even has a P3.90 sticker on it. Is it really a BIOS issue?

I can probably figure it out from a youtube video. I'm assuming my same scenario (power to build but no boot) is common with these mobos then?

Oh if it says Ryzen 3000 ready then it has the latest BIOS. Maybe this is a GPU output issue. Make sure your GPU is properly connected to your display. Also check for loose cords, make sure everything is plugged in properly. If your RAM has no RGB thats lighting up, it could be dead RAM, or just hasnt been installed correctly. I neglect to think its a dead part, if everything lights up, but just check your non lit up parts to attempt to see if its running.

Solution