[SOLVED] New PC build, getting CPU not detected indicator on MB. reseated 3 times.

Dec 3, 2021
DEEPCOOL MATREXX 50 ADD-RGB 4F Mid-Tower Case
Intel Core i5-11400 - Core i5 11th Gen Rocket Lake 6-Core 2.6 GHz LGA 1200
MSI MPG A650GF 650 W ATX 80 PLUS GOLD
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (32 Gig)
GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1200 Intel Z590 ATX Motherboard with Triple M.2, PCIe 4.0, USB 3.2 Gen2X2 Type-C, Intel

When I try to power on, lights and fans flash for an instant about ever 3 seconds, and CPU indidcator on MB flashes. I pulled the cooler reseated the CPU, I tried another cooler and fan. I replaced the BIOS battery. I also tried my PS from my old PC, Does the same thing. The case fans on this case are a disaster, all daisy chained cables all over so I don't know if I have them in there right, but I don't think that matters. I have a GTX 1080. But even when I disconnect power to that, I get the same thing. I tried removing ram, same thing. Should I return my MB or CPU or try to return both?
what a pain.

Solution
When I try to power on, lights and fans flash for an instant about ever 3 seconds, and CPU indidcator on MB flashes.
Probably something is shorting out.
Disconnect all non essentials -
all usb devices,​
all fans except cpu cooler fan,​
all rgb,​
all front panel connectors except power button,​
all storage devices - hdds/ssds,​
remove graphics card.​
Connect monitor to integrated graphics on motherboard and try to start your pc.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Are you using the stock cooler that came with the processor? if so, ditch that and work with an aftermarket cooler. You should also inspect the CPU socket for any bent/broken pins. Make and model of your older PSU that was used to troubleshoot your (new)build? You're advised to breadboard the core components and see if they work out of the box, out of the case before you can begin ruling out one or more components for being DoA.

The processor you have has an iGPU, so you don't need a discrete to see if the board, processor are working.

When I try to power on, lights and fans flash for an instant about ever 3 seconds, and CPU indidcator on MB flashes.
Probably something is shorting out.
Disconnect all non essentials -
all usb devices,​
all fans except cpu cooler fan,​
all rgb,​
all front panel connectors except power button,​
all storage devices - hdds/ssds,​
remove graphics card.​
Connect monitor to integrated graphics on motherboard and try to start your pc.

Solution