New PC Build getting weird reboot loop

jachpriboi

Prominent
Jan 5, 2018
I just built my first PC. I've connected pretty much everything correctly to my knowledge. However, when I start the computer, the LEDs on the motherboard which show problems with my components flicker between my CPU and RAM around 3-4 times. With each of these switches between the LEDs (of CPU and RAM), the fans undergo power surges. After that, the problem LED stays on the RAM for a few seconds (varying, but between 5-10 seconds). Then the fans turn off. Right before the PC switches off, there's another switch between the RAM and CPU error lights.

The RGB on my motherboard stays on during this, even when the fans turn off. Even when I force the PC to shut down with the power button, the fans shut down but the RGB on the motherboard stays on.

I tried booting the PC without a memory stick. The exact same thing happened again. It's like the PC didn't even notice that the RAM was missing.

> Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 Z370
> Intel i3 8100

CPU fan is connected fine. The only problem that comes to my mind is that I accidentally touched the gel on the CPU cooler. Not much of it came off; it was almost negligible.

My graphics card isn't very powerful, but I removed it for good measure. The results are still the same.

When I forcefully shut down the PC with the power button, it stays off and discontinues the reboot loop. (Although the motherboard lights remain on).

Also, none of my peripherals receive a signal. My keyboard, mouse and monitor receive nothing from the PC. If any of you know what's going on, I'd really appreciate the help :)