[SOLVED] New PC Build has No display - AMD 3700x / Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER

Aug 18, 2019
Just built a new PC. And everything appears working but get no video or BIOS display.

CPU: AMD 3700X
MB: Gigabyte X570 AORUS Master
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660

Any ideas on what else I should look for to solve the video display issue?

Solution
Problem found. Upon closer inspection the Gigabyte motherboard has status indicators separate from the Error Code panel that indicated 00. Has status LED's for CPU, VGA, DRAM, BOOT. On inspection noticed the CPU light is on indicating there is an issue with CPU. Will have to take apart and see if I seated the CPU wrong or something else. May have been damaged when I had to pull out of previous defective motherboard (MSI ACE - the built-in NVME screw standoffs detached off the motherboard the second i turned it upright). Guess I am in the market to buy a new CPU.
Have you got any other GPU you can try?

Can you try your new GPU in a friends machine?

What PSU do you have. If it's modular/semi you may be able to swap out the power cable from the PSU, it could be faulty.

If there are no errors, to me it sounds like the card is dead (sometwhat) or the PSU isn't powering it properly. Could be the PCI e slot, hence why I suggested trying another GPU.

Reactions: PC Tailor
Aug 18, 2019

What PSU do you have. If it's modular/semi you may be able to swap out the power cable from the PSU, it could be faulty.

If there are no errors, to me it sounds like the card is dead (sometwhat) or the PSU isn't powering it properly. Could be the PCI e slot, hence why I suggested trying another GPU.
Will try to take apart my old PC that I am replacing. Need to let the wife finish homework with the kids. It's an 9yo GPU but still works. As for reset of the new system

PSU: BeQuiet DarkPower Pro 11 - 750W
Case: BeQuiet DarkBase Pro 900 Rev2
Drives: 2 x ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
2 x Toshiba X300 6 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory

Aug 18, 2019

Does not appear to be the GPU. Put old video card in and still no video. It's 8-10 years old so possibly not compatible.

Put the new GPU into old PC. However the PSU on old PC does not have a compatible power source. But turning on that PC does do well enough to display a message on the screen to indicate I need to plug in the PCI power source.

Any other ideas for me to try?

Regards

Aug 18, 2019
Problem found. Upon closer inspection the Gigabyte motherboard has status indicators separate from the Error Code panel that indicated 00. Has status LED's for CPU, VGA, DRAM, BOOT. On inspection noticed the CPU light is on indicating there is an issue with CPU. Will have to take apart and see if I seated the CPU wrong or something else. May have been damaged when I had to pull out of previous defective motherboard (MSI ACE - the built-in NVME screw standoffs detached off the motherboard the second i turned it upright). Guess I am in the market to buy a new CPU.

Solution