[SOLVED] New PC build has no display output

Nov 21, 2019
Hello,

I just finished assembling my new pc build, and I can't get the system to display anything to the monitor. The fans power on, the lights turn on, the keyboard and mouse light up, but the monitor doesn't detect an hdmi input. I can't tell if the bios is loading, and I can't see it, or if the bios won't load at all. There are no post beeps either.

The system is as follows:
CPU-AMD ryzen 3 2200G
Motherboard-Asrock B450M pro 4
Ram-16GB (8GB x2) G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4
Graphics-Vega graphics built into CPU
HD-Intel SSD 6 1TB M.2
Power supply-Rosewill Hive 550S

I have already checked the monitor on an old system, and the monitor is perfectly fine.

I looked the entire build over to ensure my power cables were all correct, and the wiring is all correct. I have powered the system off and removed and reinstalled the cmos battery, which did not help. I have removed the ram cards to try them 1 at a time, and niether had any effect.

The system connects to the monitor through an hdmi port on the motherboard, and uses Vega graphics built into the CPU, there is no additional graphics card to test. There are no post beeps to give a hint at the problem. I don't have access to a sufficient power supply to test that. Any extra help would be appreciated.

Solution
the cpu support is possble but unlikely i think, i was thinking more on compatibility with ram, or bad ram modules, i say this because the op mentions that the system turns on, but nothing shows up, and i have seen motherboards fighting with ram modules doing exactly that, in fact my gigbyte with a 2200g did that many times when i overcloked the ram alot, it was fun to force motherboard to wake up and let me change things, it causes a panic moment basically

if i was you, i would return ram and motherboard, the cpu is unlikely to give you any problems

latelly i had very good experiences with corsair and kingston ram modules, consider that

throwawayaccnt

Reputable
Apr 20, 2016
Hello,

I just finished assembling my new pc build, and I can't get the system to display anything to the monitor. The fans power on, the lights turn on, the keyboard and mouse light up, but the monitor doesn't detect an hdmi input. I can't tell if the bios is loading, and I can't see it, or if the bios won't load at all. There are no post beeps either.

The system is as follows:
CPU-AMD ryzen 3 2200G
Motherboard-Asrock B450M pro 4
Ram-16GB (8GB x2) G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4
Graphics-Vega graphics built into CPU
HD-Intel SSD 6 1TB M.2
Power supply-Rosewill Hive 550S

I have already checked the monitor on an old system, and the monitor is perfectly fine.

I looked the entire build over to ensure my power cables were all correct, and the wiring is all correct. I have powered the system off and removed and reinstalled the cmos battery, which did not help. I have removed the ram cards to try them 1 at a time, and niether had any effect.

The system connects to the monitor through an hdmi port on the motherboard, and uses Vega graphics built into the CPU, there is no additional graphics card to test. There are no post beeps to give a hint at the problem. I don't have access to a sufficient power supply to test that. Any extra help would be appreciated.
You didn't list an OS, if you're attempting to boot Win7 many newer motherboards do not support Windows7, and you'll likely need a copy of Win10

Nov 21, 2019
The link in my signature is for a checklist for troubleshooting this exact problem. Perform all the steps in the checklist and it should help you narrow down what is causing the problem. The checklist is also a sticky at the top of this section of the forum.
I found all those steps on other sites and attempted what I have the capability to do already. I have checked the connections, removed unnecessary components, swapped ram cards, and there are no post beeps to decode. I verified on ASRock's website that the factory bios works for my cpu. I have done the standard "checklist items" already

I found all those steps on other sites and attempted what I have the capability to do already. I have checked the connections, removed unnecessary components, swapped ram cards, and there are no post beeps to decode. I verified on ASRock's website that the factory bios works for my cpu. I have done the standard "checklist items" already
There will be no beep codes unless you've attached a system speaker to the motherboard header. Do you have a speaker attached to the header? You're kind of flying blind without it at this point.

Nov 21, 2019
could you take a picture of the motherboard to see if perhaps you missed something or something is not well seated? share here the link of the picture you upload

View: http://imgur.com/gallery/1XdqThi

Here is the image. The cpu and motherboard power connectors are fully seated, and power is being distributed to the fans properly. I have reset the CMOS twice, but I still can't get it to give a post beep or display the bios.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
i'm not sure if the ram module should be inserted on that slot, what asrock motherboard is? might be that you should insert it in slot 0 or slot 1 instead of the one you used

where did you connected the cpu fan? can't see names of anything on that picture, the 8 pin power cable for the cpu on the top, you can route it from the back of the motherboard, depends on the case

the power, reset and led cables i can't see them, nor how you connected the fan in the back of the case

can't see much on the picture but stat with the ram and the slots i mentioned

Nov 21, 2019
There will be no beep codes unless you've attached a system speaker to the motherboard header. Do you have a speaker attached to the header? You're kind of flying blind without it at this point.
Yes, there was a speaker that came with the case and it's installed in the correct location according to the motherboard manual. It hasn't beeped at all.

Nov 21, 2019
i'm not sure if the ram module should be inserted on that slot, what asrock motherboard is? might be that you should insert it in slot 0 or slot 1 instead of the one you used

where did you connected the cpu fan? can't see names of anything on that picture, the 8 pin power cable for the cpu on the top, you can route it from the back of the motherboard, depends on the case

the power, reset and led cables i can't see them, nor how you connected the fan in the back of the case

can't see much on the picture but stat with the ram and the slots i mentioned

I'll double check on the RAM slot. I'm fairly certain that's the one ASRock recommends filling first, but I'll check.
The cpu and case fans are connected to the locations allocated for them as specified by the manual from ASRock. The rear case fan is connected on the left side of the board just above the PCIe slots. The CPU fan is connected to a dedicated cpu fan connection to the upper right of the processor. The front case fan, the case header, and the case speaker are connected in the bottom right of the board. I followed the motherboard manual to connect them, and they are all working correctly as far as I can tell. The fans throttle down appropriately after starting, and the switches on the front work.

I just can't get a post beep or get the bios to display on the screen. Not getting a beep makes me think it's either failing post and not starting the bios, or not starting the post to begin with. I don't know how to diagnose those though.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
in such situation i would think it is a problem with the rm module, mothrboard is trying to test xmp profile and failing, but is just a guess

i think already was mentioned to reset uefi bios and remove battery to force mothrboard to detect cpu and ram again, try that again when using another ram slot

also remove that ram module and try the other ram module, do you have another ram module differnet than these to discard ram?

Nov 21, 2019
in such situation i would think it is a problem with the rm module, mothrboard is trying to test xmp profile and failing, but is just a guess

i think already was mentioned to reset uefi bios and remove battery to force mothrboard to detect cpu and ram again, try that again when using another ram slot

also remove that ram module and try the other ram module, do you have another ram module differnet than these to discard ram?
I will try moving the ram to other slots. I only have those 2 ram modules to fit this system.

Nov 21, 2019
at this point then it will be hard to tell what is at fault. i recommend getting a speaker to connect to the motherbord and see if your hear any beep codes since you stated your motherbord does not have any debug lights
It has a speaker. No beeps from the POST. I'm returning the motherboard for a new one and going from there.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
the cpu support is possble but unlikely i think, i was thinking more on compatibility with ram, or bad ram modules, i say this because the op mentions that the system turns on, but nothing shows up, and i have seen motherboards fighting with ram modules doing exactly that, in fact my gigbyte with a 2200g did that many times when i overcloked the ram alot, it was fun to force motherboard to wake up and let me change things, it causes a panic moment basically

if i was you, i would return ram and motherboard, the cpu is unlikely to give you any problems

latelly i had very good experiences with corsair and kingston ram modules, consider that

Solution

TRENDING THREADS