New PC build - help / advice welcome

Alkiviadis

Commendable
Mar 30, 2016
Dear fellas,

Aloha! :)
I am planning on building a new PC this summer (but needs to be before the 5th of August).
I plan on some video editing (minor) plus a little bit of gaming and twitch streaming.

I was gonna go with:

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X (For the 1st time ever - have only used Intel)

Mobo: Asus - ROG STRIX X470-F Gaming ATX AM4 Motherboard

RAM: Corsair - Dominator Platinum 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
- - - There are no 3200 2x16GB modules on their list. Will that work?
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/ROG_STRIX-X470-F-GAMING/ROG-STRIX-X470-F-GAMING-Memory-QVL-Ryzen-2nd-Generation-cpu.pdf?_ga=2.193034221.177149941.1525376487-1361675753.1525376487

Storage: Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 256 GB Solid State Drive
+ Samsung 1 TB 860 EVO Sata III 64L V NAND Solid State Drive

GPU: Should I wait for the GTX 1180 Ti ? (I have a R9 280x atm ...I know, don't laugh!) :fou:
--- after the GPP I thought "fuck you Nvidia" but AMD doesn't bring anything out soon

PSU: Silverstone - SFX 800W 80+ Titanium Certified

Case: ?!? :??:

(My monitor is http://www.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-34UM95 ) but the older one = without Thunderbolt

I am not sure regarding what case I should choose – I am pretty ignorant with cases (it will need to be white or black or a combo).

Any advice is much appreciated + if I’ve done something wrong for the setup etc.

*I will not OC cause A) I am a noob at OCing & B) I don't think I need it

Thank you in advance for your time and effort.
Peace'o & have a lovely weekend!
Alkis

The GTX1180 should be out by July, you can weigh cost to performance, and, whether or not your anticipated gaming load or amount of video editing would require that degree of CUDA-core processing power (and expense).

(The you can weight the cost/performance differences of 950/960/970 Pro, the warranty on the new 970 Pro is like an insane 8-10 years, I think)

*please edit out the foul language, before someone else does..

I do though agree with his statement to nvidia

Alkiviadis

Commendable
Mar 30, 2016

Dear mdd1963,

The older you get the more you realise how important it is to state the facts as they are & not hide behind your finger because it might be offensive, or whatever you wanna call it. An apple is an apple.
And what Nvidia tried to do is clear cut a dick move. Trying to create a monopoly is being a douche. Especially when it is in a "tyrannical" manner.

But hey hey hey, guess what?! Funny how Nvidia announced today that they are withdrawing their GPP - I gues they realised that they had crossed the line. Link below:

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2018/05/04/gpp/

So to conclude I will simply remind you of Einstein's quote:
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it"

In other words, grow up, be a man & stand up for what's right!
Enjoy the weekend