NEW PC BUILD - Help me finalize and decide on my build! :)

Brudarion

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016
Hi guys!
So far I've been getting massive help from people on this helpful website. :)
I'm looking to finally finalize my build and order it by next week. Oiringaly I wanted a flashy build with LED's and stuff but over time I opted for the more classy and silent build.. My total budget is around 2000 euros for this build and it will be used mainly for playing really taxing games and livestreaming, and youtube on the side. This is my build that I've decided:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate 76.0 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VIII HERO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory 15-CAS
SSD: Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive (OS drive)
HDD: 2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card (owned)
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
PSU: Corsair Professional 850W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

If having 2x HDD is a problem somehow for heat or noise Im willing to change these. I own these already so it's basically wether or not changing the HDD's is worth it. (4 year old HDD's)
As far as I understood this mobo has good sound quality so I won't need a sound card right?
I have 2 main questions.
1 will this ram and the cpu cooler fit? I chose ripjaws before but that's too much i think so I went with the corsair ones, so are these compatible together in this build?
2 will this system run cool and quiet? I chose this case because it looks nice clean and elegant. R5 has ventilation on the sides to let air in so it isn't choking. I took the windowless version so it blocks even more sound. Will this rig be quiet with all these components and this cpu cooler and the case fans and so on? I am willing to buy case fans to make the airflow better and cool the pc off more effectively but I also want it to stay quiet. I am basically looking for very good performance but at the same time not too loud which is partly why i went with this case that has noise canceling foam or whatever it is called around the insides of the case.

Solution
HD - There are no issues having multiple hard drives in your case. Just make sure your case fans are front intake (they will be) to ensure cool air blowing across them. The main problem with filling up a case is with restricting airflow. You shouldn't have that problem with the R5.
CPU COOLER & MEM - Maybe, but you can move the fan up on the heatsync if you were to have clearance issues.
NOISE - It should be relatively quiet. If you want to go overboard, look for replacement fans under 20dBA for "silent" operation.

You are in good shape with your build. A bit of overkill going on, but in good shape. My thoughts are below.

CPU COOLER - The H5 will let you find the limits of the CPU before heat. The R1 is nice, but overkill.
MB -...
HD - There are no issues having multiple hard drives in your case. Just make sure your case fans are front intake (they will be) to ensure cool air blowing across them. The main problem with filling up a case is with restricting airflow. You shouldn't have that problem with the R5.
CPU COOLER & MEM - Maybe, but you can move the fan up on the heatsync if you were to have clearance issues.
NOISE - It should be relatively quiet. If you want to go overboard, look for replacement fans under 20dBA for "silent" operation.

You are in good shape with your build. A bit of overkill going on, but in good shape. My thoughts are below.

CPU COOLER - The H5 will let you find the limits of the CPU before heat. The R1 is nice, but overkill.
MB - The Z170-A will handle a nice overclock, SLI and the lot...
MEM - No need to go crazy on memory speeds or to go over 1.2v. It would be fine, but there is no practical benefit. Look toward DDR4-2666 or DDR4-2800 at 1.2v. If you want performance modules, then lower the respective latency.
SSD - Nice choice, but consider the 850 EVO 1TB is roughly the same cost and performs very nicely as well.
SOUND - Your MB will have this built-in. No need for a discrete card.
PSU - You didn't list the model of Corsair, but typically the good ones are priced too high and you want to stay away from the others. XFX, Seasonic, the EVGA G2 lineup, or filter through the Tier1 or Tier2 list. 750w is plenty for a pair of GTX 1070 GPUs in SLI. www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($324.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H5 Ultimate 76.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($46.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($150.88 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($79.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($345.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Purchased For $0.00)
Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Purchased For $0.00)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Founders Edition Video Card (Purchased For $0.00)
Case: Fractal Design Define R5 (Titanium) ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic G-750 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($92.19 @ Amazon)
Total: $1220.80

Solution

Brudarion

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016
For the case I want to find a balance between good cooling, performance and silence. I want to have good airflow in my case because i want at least 4.5 oc on my cpu, i will oc my gpu slightly and want to make sure the m.2 has a little cooling so it doesnt throttle, you never know. Should I buy a few fans for this case?
Can someone confirm if my ram and cpu cooler can go together and doesnt have clearance issues?
What is your reasoning to go for that mobo and not the asus hero because quite a few people have suggested me this mobo.
By the way the PSU i listed is my previous psu. I used this PSU ofr 4 years already in my previous build... should I reuse this or should I buy a new one?

Here you go.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor (€340.05 @ Mindfactory)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (€122.89 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VIII HERO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (€209.85 @ Mindfactory)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (€87.84 @ Mindfactory)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive (€155.78 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB FTW Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card (€760.89 @ Mindfactory)
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case (€83.84 @ Mindfactory)
Power Supply: Corsair 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (€130.94 @ Mindfactory)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit (€104.98 @ Mindfactory)
Total: €1997.06
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-02 15:52 CEST+0200

Use HHDs from before.

The Maximus Hero has a much better name. That is for sure... but the Z170-A will overclock the same, supports the same amount of memory, SLI / CF, M.2, 6 SATA, etc... The minor differences come in with the Z170-A only having one SATA express port over the two of the HERO, different audio chips but they both are good, same NIC, no DVI on the HERO... Maybe you can make a case for the protection features, but the A holds its own there too...

I guess my question to you is what do you plan on using on the HERO that the Z170-A doesn't have?

ASUS MAXIMUS VIII HERO vs ASUS Z170-A

1. HERO has better quality capacitors and regulators.
2. HERO has better sound card.
3. HERO has more ports to add on more hardware.
4. HERO has more features in BIOS for overclocking which helps you push your CPU to limits in an easy way and attain better results.
5. HERO has ROG software support which is handy when used and makes the task easier to achieve.

This makes ASUS MAXIMUS VIII HERO a better motherboard than ASUS Z170-A and completely worthy of its price-tag.

Brudarion

Commendable
Aug 22, 2016
Well there you go, thank you Dranzer for the answer.
Guys this didn't really help me 100% though. I'm still looking for a confirmation that the RAM i chose from corsair works with the r1, that there is no clearance problems. I need to know for sure before i order. Also I came from Ripjaws and in general prefer those but I prioritize cpu cooler over ram obviously. I like both dark rock pro 3 and r1 ultimate and i prefer the cooling from r1 and itll be more silent thanks to the noise canceling foam or whatever its called in the r5 case. Now my question is will my corsair lpx ram be good with this cooler or not? Also will this system run quiet? Keep in mind this case is without the window so noise foam is on every side inside the case. Also what are my best options for good case airflow. I am willing to swap out case fans if needed. I need good airflow to keep that m.2 cool, fresh are for cpu and gpu and in general better performance but i also want silence. How should i proceed?
Also will all the parts fit in this small case like my gpu card? XD