Question New PC Build Help

fweymouth

Honorable
Mar 22, 2018
Just Building a New Gaming PC using the parts below.
ASUS TUF Gaming GT301
ASUS TUF Gaming 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply
Intel Core i7-13700K - Core i7 13th Gen Raptor Lake 16-Core (8P+8E)
ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6
ASUS TUF Gaming LC 240 ARGB all-in-one liquid CPU cooler
ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4 LGA 1700(Intel®12th&13th Gen) ATX gaming motherboard
OLOy OWL RGB 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model ND4U3232161BHJDA

I put everything together and when I power up I get no power to the board, the power supply fan does not power on. I do get power to the aura lighting .
What I have done?
  1. Unplugged all cables and reseated them
  2. Checked the power connection cables from the case to the board.
Still get no power to the board. Amy suggestions or ideas? Even thou I get power to the aura, I'm thinking bad power supply due to know fan turning on.

DAG93

Reputable
Feb 23, 2020
I put everything together and when I power up I get no power to the board, the power supply fan does not power on. I do get power to the aura lighting .
What I have done?
  1. Unplugged all cables and reseated them
  2. Checked the power connection cables from the case to the board.
Still get no power to the board. Amy suggestions or ideas? Even thou I get power to the aura, I'm thinking bad power supply due to know fan turning on.

I did some reading on newegg reviews and it seems like that Motherboard might not support 13th gen CPUs without a BIOS update. If thats true you may need to have a 12th gen CPU on hand in order to do a bios update. If this is the problem and you don't have access to a 12th gen cpu, you might need to take it to a PC shop for them to perform the bios update. Unfortunatly Motherboard manufactures can be misleading with what motherboards support. Maybe look over the box and the documentation of the motherboard and google the bios version to see if your cpu is supported.

If the CPU is supported I would start by reseating the ram (maybe even try one stick), and all power connectors. If that does not work maybe try and reseat the CPU. If you do this make sure to take extra care to not bend any pins on your motherboard.

Reactions: Why_Me

fweymouth

Honorable
Mar 22, 2018
So I took the power supply out tested it with a PSU tester and it was bad. Bought a new one and installed it and it powered up. All the fans come on and of the 4 q-leds the red comes on for a second and the goes off and then the yellow comes on and stays on. According to the manual it's a memory. Pulled out the memory and reseated, tried one stick and still get the error. Went on the asus site found memory that fit according to their site and a local store had it in stock, ran over and bought it. Installed it and still get the yellow light. Note all case fans and the cpu fan power on and the memory light up. The GPU light up, but I get no display, my mouse and keyboard get no power. Dag93 the box says supports 13 gen processors. Will attempt to reseat the CPU tomorrow.