New PC build in 2-3 months

Oct 22, 2012
Hello.

I have not really participated on toms hardware much but due to my new position, I shall be visiting more times than the I eat.

Within 3 months I plan to build a new PC, I have been anticipating to do so for 3 years. Im coming from an 8 year old Athlon machine and my Laptop with its cute GT 540. However I have had enough!

I want to game on 3 monitors at a resolution of 5760x1080 (If that is accurate) My set Precedent is Skyrim maxed with mods at 30 frames. I understand Skyrim is not the most demanding of games but I can live with lowered settings on other titles. Also I don't need anti aliasing. I went through a phase where I used Blender and its likely that I shall be resuming such software.

My Hypothetical specs are:
-i5 4670k (Flirting with i7)
-Gigabyte Z87X-D3H
-Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB)
-Corsair TX 850 PSU
-R9 280 3GB Sapphire Toxic
-SandDIsk SSD 64GB
-Barracuda 1TB

-3x 27inch LG 27EA33V (Can go smaller)
-cheap keyboard and mouse

I already have a case, its an Antec DF-85, I have spray painted the fans green and changed the LED's too.

My entire specs can be moved around accordingly, I want this to be as long lasting as possible.
I plan on crossfire/SLI in the future and perhaps liquid cooling to squeeze more performance out of the machine.

If I need to go higher end with the GPU, GTX 780 or R9 290x when its released. I have read that the R9 has larger memory bus and in theory should be better suited for multi monitors?
Is it worth going up to X79 platform for blender or other such software?

Budget is 1500 GBP

Bajamonster

Honorable
Oct 25, 2013
Seems like a good start but I am going to change it.

PCPartPicker List: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1Wx7c

CPU: Intel i7 4770K
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600 mhz
Graphics Card: AMD r9 290X
SSD: Corsair Force GS 240GB
HDD: WD 2TB 7200RPM
Power Supply: Corsair RM750 Fully-Modular
Operating System: Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)

Total: 1200 GBP

You can always change the build if you want. I think this would fit you great. The r9 290X is built for high res gaming, which is what you said you would be doing.

Oct 22, 2012

Yes that is the issue. I suppose I can purchase more a month after, would diving into a hex i7 be more future proof as future games will be programed for the console 8core CPU. I am not impressed with Intel's price raping on these CPU's but in the long run(4 Years).....
If so then I will have to stick with one GPU for now.