Question New pc build Installation loop

Apr 18, 2019
Okay so today I built my first pc with hardly any experience and when it turned on I felt so accomplished. However, I felt very defeated after I tried installing windows ten and I got stuck in an installation loop. I tried everything from changing my boot order and even tried what your supposed to do in the first place by pulling out the windows ten USB as when it starts the restart countdown. I was lost when that wasn’t the reason it wasn’t installing, when I’ve seen so many comments and forum post of that being the fix. I really need help and don’t want to take the pc I worked so hard to build to a place just so they can install windows. I’m trying to install windows to a sandisk 250gb ssd and I have a 1tb wd blue I plan on using for gaming. I have a MSI B450 tomahawk motherboard running Ryzen 7 2700x. Don’t know if that info is relevant but I thought I’d put it out there. Hopefully I can find some help!

Colif

Win 11 Master
Okay so today I built my first pc with hardly any experience and when it turned on I felt so accomplished. However, I felt very defeated after I tried installing windows ten and I got stuck in an installation loop. I tried everything from changing my boot order and even tried what your supposed to do in the first place by pulling out the windows ten USB as when it starts the restart countdown. I was lost when that wasn’t the reason it wasn’t installing, when I’ve seen so many comments and forum post of that being the fix. I really need help and don’t want to take the pc I worked so hard to build to a place just so they can install windows. I’m trying to install windows to a sandisk 250gb ssd and I have a 1tb wd blue I plan on using for gaming. I have a MSI B450 tomahawk motherboard running Ryzen 7 2700x. Don’t know if that info is relevant but I thought I’d put it out there. Hopefully I can find some help!

Try this
put USB in drive
go into BIOS
Set the HDD you want win 10 on as main drive in Fixed Boot order (page 51 of manual)
then go to the Save & Exit tab and click the Boot override menu (Page 52 of manual)
Set USB as boot override
Save changes and restart PC

what that does is it will boot off USB next time and then when Win 10 restarts as it normally does, it will use the Windows hdd

just take USB out once you finished installing, PC should just ignore it once secure boot is set up anyway.

that should break your install loop :)

Last edited: