[SOLVED] New PC Build is Posting, no display no beeps.

Jun 1, 2020
cpu: Ryzen 5 2600
mobo: TUF B450-PRO
gpu: evga 1660 sc ultra
ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz 2X16 DDR4
psu: Smart 500W Thermaltake

like the title says, computers turning on but can't get a display and not giving codes. i've tried reseating memory in all four slots with two different brands of memory, reseating the GPU in both pcie slots. i tried resetting the bios and same outcome. even plugged into different displays (tv hdmi, computer monitor etc). fans are turning on, rgb lights are turning on but still no beeps.
any help would be appreciated, i'm panicking. thank you. (already went thru the checklist, same outcome)

Solution
For some motherboards, you have to plug the video cable into the mobo first, then go into bios to choose the card as an optput source or something, then you can plug in the card. Are the fans on the card spinning?

nipplethewhale

Honorable
Nov 21, 2014
For some motherboards, you have to plug the video cable into the mobo first, then go into bios to choose the card as an optput source or something, then you can plug in the card. Are the fans on the card spinning?

Solution
Jun 1, 2020
yes the fans on the card are spinning. i thought about plugging the video cable into the mobo first, but my mobo does not have integrated graphics. does that make sense?

Jun 1, 2020
ok, so my 8pin from the power supply was not plugged into the mobo. my mistake.
thank you for your help!