Question New PC Build isnt working

Sep 14, 2022
Hello all,

I ordered new hardware last week for a completely new build. Hardware has now gradually arrived and today I assembled the computer.

The following components have been used:

• 3090 Ti Suprim
  • 12900K i9
  • Gigabyte Z690M Aorus Elite AX
  • 16 GB Ram (DDR4 3600) ( same config 2x8gb is on its way)
  • 1000W bequiet straight power
  • 1tb m2 980 evo
  • aio msi meg coreliquid s360

I have, I think, everything so far correctly screwed together & then wanted to start earlier test once. Fans run all, RGB's that are present light up, graphics card also runs.

Connected to the monitor, but no picture (monitor does not respond at all).

On the AIO display appears the message, I should connect a SATA/USB cable.

Then, since the graphics card blocks a little access to the MB, this removed without further ado to test further.

Sata cable is connected correctly. I then swapped the cable with another Sata cable to make sure that the cable is not broken. Message still appears.

There are 2 USB headers on the MB, both in use, so I switched them - message still there.

Does anyone else here have a spontaneous idea what else I could try?

Hello all,

I ordered new hardware last week for a completely new build. Hardware has now gradually arrived and today I assembled the computer.

The following components have been used:

• 3090 Ti Suprim
  • 12900K i9
  • Gigabyte Z690M Aorus Elite AX
  • 16 GB Ram (DDR4 3600) ( same config 2x8gb is on its way)
  • 1000W bequiet straight power
  • 1tb m2 980 evo
  • aio msi meg coreliquid s360

I have, I think, everything so far correctly screwed together & then wanted to start earlier test once. Fans run all, RGB's that are present light up, graphics card also runs.

Connected to the monitor, but no picture (monitor does not respond at all).

On the AIO display appears the message, I should connect a SATA/USB cable.

Then, since the graphics card blocks a little access to the MB, this removed without further ado to test further.

Sata cable is connected correctly. I then swapped the cable with another Sata cable to make sure that the cable is not broken. Message still appears.

There are 2 USB headers on the MB, both in use, so I switched them - message still there.

Does anyone else here have a spontaneous idea what else I could try?
A proper psu, be quite is a has never been the best with power supplys and I will never trust them.

Sep 14, 2022
A proper psu, be quite is a has never been the best with power supplys and I will never trust them.
Might be, might not be. Ive found a similar topic in a different forum, german though, and hes got excactly the same problem

Intel Core I9 12900ks
RTX 3080 TI - ASUS TUF
Mainboard - ROG STRIX Z690-F
Netzteil - RM 850 Corsair
2x Samsung 980 pro heatsink

his specs, he even reached out to msi and got a new aio, but the problem still persists.

jeremy0118

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2016

Yeah lets generalize a brand and not specific units, every brand has had it's share of bad units, especially on the cheaper end. Be quiet is generally concidered a very good PSU brand and their straight power units are rated A tier and rocksolid, even their pure power series are top notch. so i dont know why you are hating on them as a brand but what you say makes no sense

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Yeah lets generalize a brand and not specific units, every brand has had it's share of bad units, especially on the cheaper end. Be quiet is generally concidered a very good PSU brand and their straight power units are rated A tier and rocksolid, even their pure power series are top notch. so i dont know why you are hating on them as a brand but what you say makes no sense
Yes I did generalize a brand a no unit yes be quite maybe a upper tier cheap unit, however still a cheap unit in every build experience Ive had with them and all the cheaper psu's. Even if they don't "fail" with in a few years the quality of stability in the unit itself causes a lot issues in the systems cause frame drops failed communication between components and several other issues that's not going to noticable to most but will cause damage to parts over time

JayGau

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2016
First thing I would do, personally, is to get a cheap air cooler and install it just to see if the system boots. If it does, then the problem is clearly with the AIO. If you are sure everything is connected correctly you could try to update the BIOS (but I think your MB model doesn't have a BIOS flash usb input so you will have to make the display working if you want to do that). Some people say they fixed booting issues with MSI coolers with a BIOS update.

The i9 12700k as an integrated GPU so you could also remove the graphics card and try the motherboard HDMI output just to see if the problem is with the 3090.

By the way, I would stay away from MSI AIO. One of my colleagues bought a bunch of them for his computational cluster (because they were cheaper than the other brands) and he ended up replacing them all since they all failed after a few weeks/months. The Cooler Master AIOs he bought instead are all working flawlessly.