Question New PC build keeps crashing

Jun 24, 2020
Hello, I just built a new PC today, all seemed to go well until it started crashing. I installed windows 10, updated windows, and updated gpu drivers.

I installed discord and WoW and then while playing WoW and watching a twitch stream a horrible grinding noise came from my headphones and both of my monitors lost signal. After a few seconds the noise stopped, and I could hear the streamers voice again, but no video signal came back (monitors remained black with no signal).

I pressed my restart button on the pc and went back to what I was doing, and after about 30 minutes it happened again. After a third time it happened again (with only wow open, no stream open).

The PC can stay on with no issues until I play WoW (this is the only game I currently have installed).

I have used the userbenchmark tool, and unfortunately my PC crashes whenever it gets to the metallic sphere GPU test.

The components that I built it with are

Ryzen 7 3800x

16gb ram (2x 8gb) ddr4 3200 Corsair vengeance

Asrock b550 phantom gaming 4 atx am4 motherboard

Samsung 970 evo 500gb m.2 SSD

Thermaltake 750 W 80+ gold PSU.

The only non new part that I am using is my gtx 970 gpu, which I’m using from my old pc until I can afford a new one.

The OS is windows 10 education.
Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2020
I uninstalled the most recent nvidia driver, and installed an older one, and I was able to get through the benchmark this time. I thought that my problem was fixed so I loaded up wow only to crash after a couple of minutes. Here is a screenshot of the events around the crash (kernal is me hitting the restart on my case, the crash happened around 2:46).

https://ibb.co/LQvJHCq

I was able to still hear game sound even after my display went off.