Question New PC Build keeps getting different stop codes and sometimes restarts without enough time to see BSoD

Aug 22, 2020
I've looked up a few of the stop codes and a lot involves a driver that it doesn't have. It's a new build with new parts except for the HDD. The system runs off of an new M.2

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/arekay/saved/#view=J8VnLk

Here are the most recent minidump.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoBAeheDcHfCiSvPTCKQhYIMfsT5?e=3xx8uQ

Edit: So some bsod do not have stop codes. The temp are normal between 42 to 52 C. One said to disable Webcam but I don't have a webcam.

Edit 2: I have updated Windows and after leaving it on for 24 hours just after logging in there were no restarts. However, my niece loves playing Roblox and doing two attempts of playing it she received two BSoDs with no stop codes after a few minutes. The third time she was able to play for an hour before a BSoD.

I built this PC so she can Zoom for school. So after a few minutes testing zoom I'll receive a BSoD. It seems even going through files, folders, and just going through settings with send the PC to BSoD. Again often to one without a stop code.

Last edited:

novathunder

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
When the computer BSODs and restarts too fast, open Control Panel and navigate to Control Panel\System and Security\System (copy paste in the Control Panel address bar) Click 'Advanced system settings' and click 'Settings…' under the Startup and Recovery section. Under System Failure, uncheck Automatically Restart. Click 'OK' and 'OK' again to close the windows.

Next time you will have all the time needed to look at the error code, then you just press once on the power button so it shuts down.

Reactions: arkayy
Aug 22, 2020
When the computer BSODs and restarts too fast, open Control Panel and navigate to Control Panel\System and Security\System (copy paste in the Control Panel address bar) Click 'Advanced system settings' and click 'Settings…' under the Startup and Recovery section. Under System Failure, uncheck Automatically Restart. Click 'OK' and 'OK' again to close the windows.

Next time you will have all the time needed to look at the error code, then you just press once on the power button so it shuts down.

I did that and some of them don't even have a stop code.

Aug 22, 2020
<<Bumping is not allowed. Please refrain from doing so. Thank you.>>

I can't fix this. I need help. I built this for my niece, and I'm not sure whats going on. I unfortunately waited too long to put it all together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 22, 2020

Oh my I forgot about the AMD chipset drivers. I'll do that. I completely forgot about that. Thank you.

I have installed the NVidia drivers. But it's the same build and my two nephews, and they do not have issues.

I'm kind a bit green around PC building. I built my first one and got hooked and built a second one for myself. Upgraded my prebuilt Cybertron PC. Built two PCs for my friends. I never ran into any issues until now. Build three PC's for my two nephews and my niece (who's PC is giving me issues right now.)

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Oh my I forgot about the AMD chipset drivers. I'll do that. I completely forgot about that. Thank you.

I have installed the NVidia drivers. But it's the same build and my two nephews, and they do not have issues.

I'm kind a bit green around PC building. I built my first one and got hooked and built a second one for myself. Upgraded my prebuilt Cybertron PC. Built two PCs for my friends. I never ran into any issues until now. Build three PC's for my two nephews and my niece (who's PC is giving me issues right now.)
Install the chipset drivers and then re-install the Nvidia drivers afterward.

Also, are you overclocking anything (CPU, GPU, memory)?

Aug 22, 2020
Is the motherboard BIOS the most recent version?

Also, what speed is the memory set to in the BIOS?

I figured it out. Thank you for helping me. I started to isolate each component, and found it was the old HDD causing issues. I had old HDDs that I salvaged from broken PC's, laptops, and gaming consoles. I unplugged it from the mobo and noticed it wasn't getting any restarts or BSoD's. Then I replugged it and started getting all the stop codes again.

I'm not going to reuse old parts again. Thank you so much for helping me. I spent all weekend trying to figure this out.