[SOLVED] New PC build keeps randomly rebooting when playing most games. Need help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2019
my build is:
CPU : intel i7-9700k
CPU Cooler : corsair h115i water cooler
Motherboard : msi mpg z390 gaming pro carbon ac
Memory : 2x 16gb corsair vengeance 3000
Storage: WD 3Tb hard drive and a seagate 1Tb ssd
Video Card : geforce RTX 2060 with driver 441.66
Case : corsair icue 465x rgb
Power Supply: corsair cx750m 80 plus bronze

When I try to play the witcher 3 i can load my save and then have about 3 seconds before my pc reboots, it does it everytime. I tried a clean install of windows, checked all my drivers, ran stress tests and it still does it. When I play call of duty it will randomly do it, like ill play 2 or 3 matches then I'll get into a new lobby and it'll restart. It completely shuts down to reboot, all lights cut off and all fans cut off. Please if anyone has any idea for something I'm sure it'll help me out.

Solution
also i managed to get the game to play for roughly 2 hours before it rebooted again by messing with some RAM settings in my bios so is it something like a memory dump maybe?
By 'messing' you set the XMP profile?

The psu and memory are the 2 most common causes of forced restarts. After that, then it's likely some software conflict.
The CX750M isn't a bad unit and you haven't had it long, so I doubt it's that.

Download and run Memtest86 free version: https://www.memtest86.com/
It's used to scan the memory for errors - it should be error free, but the test can take a few hours, so you'll want to sleep on it.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Dec 24, 2019
How long has this been in use?

Is this a true 2x 16GB kit, or did you start with 16GBs and add 16GBs later?

Take the cpu out and check the socket for bent/broken pins(might need a magnifying glass or other).

the psu is brand new maybe a month old now, and yes it was was a 32gb kit that came with the 2x 16gb, and ok ill look into the cpu

edit: everything looks fine there

Last edited:
Reactions: Phaaze88
Dec 24, 2019
also i managed to get the game to play for roughly 2 hours before it rebooted again by messing with some RAM settings in my bios so is it something like a memory dump maybe?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
By 'messing' you set the XMP profile?

The psu and memory are the 2 most common causes of forced restarts. After that, then it's likely some software conflict.
The CX750M isn't a bad unit and you haven't had it long, so I doubt it's that.

Download and run Memtest86 free version: https://www.memtest86.com/
It's used to scan the memory for errors - it should be error free, but the test can take a few hours, so you'll want to sleep on it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.