[SOLVED] New PC Build - Monitor won’t connect ?

Jun 25, 2021
Hi everyone,

About a week ago I bought a bunch of hardware to build my first computer. I put all of the equipment together yesterday and it boots up (turns on, the fans work, RGB lights work, etc.) however my monitor is stays black and says “no hdmi cable detected”. With that said I can’t get into BIOS or update drivers. The ez debug led show no errors. It seems to make it though the CPU, DRAM, VGA, and BOOT tests without issue.

I know the monitor works for a fact because I use it everyday for work.

I tried plugging the monitor into the motherboard and the video card. Neither worked. Any advice?

Not sure if this is needed but the CPU is a AMD Ryzen 5 2600 and the motherboard is an MSI B450 tomahawk max 2 am4.

Solution
Plugging your monitor into the motherboard will not work, the Ryzen 5 2600 has no built-in graphics. Your problem may simply be the HDMI cable. Does your monitor have more than one HDMI input?
Jun 25, 2021
I was able to figure it out. Not sure exactly what the solution was as I tried again this morning and it worked. I did double check all cables on the motherboard so maybe something was loose and that fixed it.

Reactions: rocktalkrock