Question New PC build no display

Apr 28, 2020
Hello all,

I’ve buily a built a new pc and Ive encoutered some big problems over the past 6 hours. My build is: Ryzen 7 3700x, RTX 2070 super Windforce oc x3, MSI X570A PRO and Seasonic Focus GX, 80+ Gold, 650W + SilentiumPC Fortis 3.

First I installed the cooler and the components with ssds and hdds in the case. It bootes up, no debug leds, no buzzer sound. Then I tried with a different GPU (GTX 1060) and the same.

Then I took it out of the case (I thought maybe some screws were touching the board), I removed all the non essentials and I have left only the mobo, cpu, ram and GPU. The problem was the same (still no beeps, no debug leds).

It seems though that If i reset the CMOS, it gets to a point where it says “CMOS cleares” (image below) but I cant use the keyboard and the VGA led appears (on both GPUs). I have tried with different RAMs and different slots. I have tried bios flash with the usb but it doesnt work for me. I don’t know what to do, if you have any ideas it would be great.

View: https://imgur.com/a/cSsg3Xk

Apr 28, 2020
I only pluged the 8 pin power connector as I’ve read that the second one is for extreme overclocking

LE: Ive concluded that it’s not the GPU, PSU or CPU as Ive tested them on another build and they work. Could it be a bios firmware version issue ?

Last edited:
Your photos show a proper boot to bios, and display.
You will need to reinstall windows to get a display in windows.
Trying to boot an old windows install on a new build almost never works properly.
Make a windows USB install media and boot to it to install windows for your NEW hardware.
Make sure to disconnect all other drives before installing windows. Just have the drive you want windows on connected.

Apr 28, 2020
It is much more complicated than that. I wasnt having drives connected and that screen appeared after 10 minutes of “no input” and only after cmos reset. After restarting it again without resseting the CMOS it didnt even get to that screen. The cpu and gpu on an old B350 PC MATE with a proper bios update were working properly so I concluded that the mobo was faulty or didnt have the necessary bios update for 3700x (whici is unlikely

Apr 28, 2020
Yeah, I tried it and multiple times and in different configs with CMOS reset every time inbetween and still no display (again, sometimes after 10 minutes it was getting to that no boot device screen but it wasnt responsive). It sure isn't that 4pin as on an old MOBO the CPU & GPU work as expected so I think that it is the mobo the fault in this case.

rgd1101

Don't
Yeah, I tried it and multiple times and in different configs with CMOS reset every time inbetween and still no display (again, sometimes after 10 minutes it was getting to that no boot device screen but it wasnt responsive). It sure isn't that 4pin as on an old MOBO the CPU & GPU work as expected so I think that it is the mobo the fault in this case.
then yeah. sound like the motherboard failed

Apr 28, 2020
Either that or the bios firmware does not support 3700X which I think it shouldn't be the case with this chipset. I've tried to update the firmware with the bios usb & button but after multiple sticks & different partitioning it just wouldn't work for me so I will be sending it back. Don't know if I should get another one with X570 chipset or stick with the B350 which even as old as it is it seems to be working correctly.