[SOLVED] New pc build - - no monitor signal

Tomislav25

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Hi guys, I just bought this specs Fortron 600 W Intel i3 7100 msi h110m pro-d motherboard 8 gb ddr4 ram crucial, and GTX1050 2GT ti 4gb OC. I have an ssd and hdd all connected + front panel connectors connected. Processor is installed and all the components but nothing shows on monitor after starting computer

Solution
Using the wrong screws is asking for trouble. Stripped threads create metal shavings that are nearly impossible to find, and those can short out any circuit they come into contact with.

If that's the issue, consider everything in the computer to be a fire hazard and start over with proper parts.
First up is the usual idiot check (not intended to be offensive, it's just what I call them). You've probably already checked these, but even I miss one of them sometimes:
- Is the monitor connected to the motherboard or the GPU?
- Is the monitor set to the input you're using?
- Is everything (including the monitor) plugged in (to the wall)?
- Are all power connections properly seated?

Take a look at page 15 of the motherboard manual. It shows the debug LEDs and what they mean. Find them on the motherboard (they're in the top-right corner), and see if any are lit.

This motherboard is somewhat unusual in that it doesn't have flashing lights to indicate errors. It has a set of three LEDs that mean different things.

Using the wrong screws is asking for trouble. Stripped threads create metal shavings that are nearly impossible to find, and those can short out any circuit they come into contact with.

If that's the issue, consider everything in the computer to be a fire hazard and start over with proper parts.

Solution