Question New PC Build - No signal monitor

Bozza

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2008
Hi guys,

Sorry for harassing you guys but I recently build my first computer but unfortunately, when connecting it to my monitor (DisplayPort), I get the no signal error. Already spend hours and hours searching the forums and going through the step by step troubleshooting but since my technical knowledge is limited, I'm getting a bit overwhelmed and don't know where to continue anymore.

This is my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/k77Bhg

I've already tried re-connecting cables, re-installing memory (noticed with my memory slots than the manual says open both sides but I cannot open the top side of the slot, only the bottom one), using different video cables, using different monitor.

What I hope will help is the debug leds. This is what's happening where I turn on my pc:
  1. DRAM, VGA and Boot all turn on and off very quick
  2. CPU light turns on a couple of seconds then turns off.
  3. Both VGA and Boot both blink quickly.
  4. VGA turns on and off.
  5. Hear one short beep.
  6. Boot light turns on and stays on.
Does this mean anything?

Hope anything can give me some advice, really appreciate it guys.
Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Jos

Lutfij

Titan
but I cannot open the top side of the slot, only the bottom one
Can you share an image of what you're seeing with the ram slots? Which slots are you populating for your rams?

Have you tried working with the parts breadboarded? With only one stick of ram? Removed CMOS battery for at least 15 minutes before replacing it?

Bozza

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2008
but I cannot open the top side of the slot, only the bottom one
Can you share an image of what you're seeing with the ram slots? Which slots are you populating for your rams?

Have you tried working with the parts breadboarded? With only one stick of ram? Removed CMOS battery for at least 15 minutes before replacing it?

Thanks for the quick response! The manual shows to open it from both sides but the qr code which leads to this video doesn't:
View: https://youtu.be/T03aDrJPyQ

It's also not possible to open the other way, it's one piece, doesn't have an header on it like to the side has.

I'm populating DIMMA2 and B2, as my manual describes. Also tested the other two and only one in A2 or one in B2.

I will follow your advice on removing the cmos battery. Will update soon! Thanks again!

Bozza

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2008
Removed the cmos battery for 30 mins but no luck. I think the debug led show is a bit different now. Will post an update soon. Any other ideas in the meantime? Cheers guys.

Bozza

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2008
Update on the booting process after the CMOS battery reset: I do get an image now so the no signal is fixed. Many thanks for that guys!

The message now shown in the screen is: "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key". Got Windows on USB inserted but it doesn't seem to recognize it. Any suggestions?

Bozza

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2008
Alright guys, computer is working and windows is installed (problem with the error message was that a wireless mouse AND wired mouse were connected at the same time.

However... the last hurdle is to get my new monitor working. Tried both DP and HDMI but in both cases no signal. Tried DP on an old monitor and this is working. Any suggestions?