Mar 11, 2019
Just bought new PC parts for a gaming build. I put it all together, and I turned it on but I'm getting no display. There are no postcode beeps. I have lights on my MoBo, lights on my RAM, my water cooler fans are spinning, my case lights are on. My graphics card however does not have lights or fans on, and another of my case fans isn't spinning.

Here is a list of parts:
ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming SLI/AC MoBo
Intel i9900K CPU
G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 x4 8Gb
Gigabyte 2080 RTX GPU
EVGA 650 B3 power supply.

I have tried running the HDMI from the motherboard and from the GPU and I got the same results.

I took it all apart and rebuilt it, just to make sure I did it right. Had the same issues.

Any suggestions?

rgd1101

Don't
take the rtx 2080 out and test with only the igpu
go thru the check list

Mar 11, 2019
Thank you for the suggestion. I went through the whole list, appart from number 17.Did you install the system speaker. My case did not come with one. I may end up buying one if I cant get this figured out before hand.

However I am still experianceing the same problem. My only guesses now are perhaps I got shipped a bad CPU, or a bad Motherboard. If it is the CPU would that stop the GPU from spinning up? and if it is a bad motherboard, what are the chances that both the CPU and the GPU slots are broken?

Mar 12, 2019
That's a nice Build, Jeez.

Does it not display at all, even without the GPU in then?

I remember when this happened to me, it was a while ago and it was because I forgot to put the Risers under the Mobo when I screwed it in, and it was just shorting every time I booted.

Soon as I took it back out and put the risers in, it worked! Dunno if that's any help to you :ROFLMAO: