[SOLVED] New pc build not posting to bios

Dec 16, 2020
I recently switched from ddr3 memory to ddr4 i built the system turn it on but monitor doesnt detect any input yet all the fans on gpu case and cpu are spinning hdd even spun up. i even got a rgb ram stick light up yet nothing checked cpu pins seem fine ive been looking up on youtube the last options seems to be to install new bios on the motherboard. Can someone go in more detail if its the bios update needed to post. Cant test if it beeps or not. And my keyboard and mouse light up and even the ethernet port is light up so dont realy know i cant update the bios yet but i will try it soon.
System specs
CPU-i5-10400F
MB-asus h410m-k
RAM-HyperX fury 16gb black RGB
corsair CV 550 power suply
GPU-RX 580
The psu and gpu are fine that i know.

Last edited:
Solution
I recently switched from ddr3 memory to ddr4 i built the system turn it on but monitor doesnt detect any input yet all the fans on gpu case and cpu are spinning hdd even spun up. i even got a rgb ram stick light up yet nothing checked cpu pins seem fine ive been looking up on youtube the last options seems to be to install new bios on the motherboard. Can someone go in more detail if its the bios update needed to post. Cant test if it beeps or not. And my keyboard and mouse light up and even the ethernet port is light up so dont realy know i cant update the bios yet but i will try it soon.
System specs
CPU-i5-10400F
MB-asus h410m-k
GPU-RX 580
The psu and gpu are fine that i...
System specs
CPU-i5-10400F
MB-asus h410m-k
GPU-RX 580
The psu and gpu are fine that i know.

Are you able to access Bios? If so ensure your able to set to enable the dedicated GPU that you have.

Indeed you may require a Bios update, also the chipset driver.

Go to ASUS support and download the Bios file (1602) and unzip the file if zipped.
Rename the file to PH410MK.CAP then transfer the file to an empty USB that is formatted to FAT32 Single partition.
Insert the USB to an appropriate port.
Go to the Tools section in Bios and use the EZ Flash 3 utility to flash your Bios. Follow instructions as per your manual to select the file (page 2-3)

Solution
Dec 16, 2020
Are you able to access Bios? If so ensure your able to set to enable the dedicated GPU that you have.

Indeed you may require a Bios update, also the chipset driver.

Go to ASUS support and download the Bios file (1602) and unzip the file if zipped.
Rename the file to PH410MK.CAP then transfer the file to an empty USB that is formatted to FAT32 Single partition.
Insert the USB to an appropriate port.
Go to the Tools section in Bios and use the EZ Flash 3 utility to flash your Bios. Follow instructions as per your manual to select the file (page 2-3)
Thats the thing i cant acess the fans even ramp up and slow down so thats why i think i need to flash it because i can visualy see there is a boot process going on but no output on the display i think the cpu is also fine as i left it to just run for like 3 min and even the CPU fan ramped up bcs it was getting hotter thats why i think its the bios flash i need as my ram came out after the MB launched and maybe it needs the update to work properly

Thats the thing i cant acess the fans even ramp up and slow down so thats why i think i need to flash it because i can visualy see there is a boot process going on but no output on the display i think the cpu is also fine as i left it to just run for like 3 min and even the CPU fan ramped up bcs it was getting hotter thats why i think its the bios flash i need as my ram came out after the MB launched and maybe it needs the update to work properly

If you can't access Bios then it may be corrupt.
Try clearing CMOS to bring Bios back to default. If still no go then recover Bios using the installation disk that came with the MB.
Ensure cables and connections to the monitor are correct.

Reactions: Why_Me
Dec 16, 2020
If you can't access Bios then it may be corrupt.
Try clearing CMOS to bring Bios back to default. If still no go then recover Bios using the installation disk that came with the MB.
Ensure cables and connections to the monitor are correct.
i tried to do it with CMOS reset the procces went through where it seemed like it lagged a bit and then switched back on but still nothing the only thing is i dont have a cd reader connected is there no way with the usb flash only cd?

Dec 16, 2020
i tried to do it with CMOS reset the procces went through where it seemed like it lagged a bit and then switched back on but still nothing the only thing is i dont have a cd reader connected is there no way with the usb flash only cd?
I only have my laptop that can read CD'S idk if this helps or not

Dec 16, 2020
Unfortunately if the Bios is bricked then you will have to RMA the MB to have the rom chip replaced. I can't think of any other way.

Usually a corrupted Bios will not post. Yours it seems does so it may relate to your Monitor cabling or connections.
I think it is bcs for default its trying to use igpu but i cant change it to the didicated gpu as i cant even enter the bios for the lack of the igpu and when my monitor is unplugged it says no cable connection when i plug it in the gpu it says no video input detected

Dec 16, 2020
I think it is bcs for default its trying to use igpu but i cant change it to the didicated gpu as i cant even enter the bios for the lack of the igpu and when my monitor is unplugged it says no cable connection when i plug it in the gpu it says no video input detected
I finaly got it fixed it was bios default output set to display port but i have a old monitor as i am still waiting for a new one but it did not recognize it when i plugged it in to the DVI port monitor is working as i tested it on my laptop it was just poor bios settings