[SOLVED] New PC build not sure which RAM

Aug 26, 2020
Hey Guys,

Planning my new pc build as the new 3000 series cards are around the corner, i don't think its the best time to build but my current pc is old and struggling so I am doing it now. I need help deciding on my RAM...

Price point wise I have narrowed it to Approx $250 AUD but thats not set in stone so I was looking at

G.Skill - F4-3200C14D-16GTZR or Corsair CMT16GX4M2C3600C18 Dominator Platinum

FYI intel 10700K and I will mostly be gaming, all sorts FPS/MMO

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Solution
I like Dominators, but find them excessively overpriced, if you just intend to run a standard xmp. This ram are for OC freaks who prefer to tweak every last eth they can out of equipment. Cas18? Probably capable of dropping that to Cas14 with Doms.

3200 Cas16 gskill. Good all day long as is.

It's an intel, ram speed won't be a huge difference as you'll be working on a nanosecond scale difference. Unlike Ryzen which has a use for ram speed settings.

Go with what you think looks better in your build. There'll not be any real noticable difference, especially gaming.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I like Dominators, but find them excessively overpriced, if you just intend to run a standard xmp. This ram are for OC freaks who prefer to tweak every last eth they can out of equipment. Cas18? Probably capable of dropping that to Cas14 with Doms.

3200 Cas16 gskill. Good all day long as is.

It's an intel, ram speed won't be a huge difference as you'll be working on a nanosecond scale difference. Unlike Ryzen which has a use for ram speed settings.

Go with what you think looks better in your build. There'll not be any real noticable difference, especially gaming.

Solution
Aug 26, 2020
Thanks for that, I think I will go the Corsair then as it will match the the CPU cooler and I might just OC it a little to Cas16 which it should cope with easily.

TRENDING THREADS