Question New PC build powers on, but no display signal

Sep 4, 2024
Sorry to post another of these, but I've tried the stickied troubleshooting steps so now I'm grasping for any other ideas. My last build was nine years ago, so I feel like I must be missing something right in front of me. Appreciate any help!

I've just completed the build listed below, and on attempting to boot, I'm not getting any display signal. Power LED comes on, all CPU/GPU/case fans are running, but I don't get a BIOS screen or anything on my monitor. I'll try to review everything I've already done here:
  • I have triple-checked my power cables. 8-pin CPU connector going into the top of the board, 24-pin on the side, and two 8-pin PCIe connectors into the GPU. Everything clicks and seems pretty completely engaged.
  • I have tried different displays and display cables, including both HDMI and Displayport cables. I've plugged these into the GPU and also directly into the mobo with the GPU fully removed.
  • I've reseated my RAM and tried a single stick in different slots. I'm following the seating guide on the mobo, being farthest from the CPU and alternating slots.
  • I've updated the BIOS from a flash drive using the Q-Flash Plus button on the board, following the instructions in the mobo manual. First time trying anything like that, but appeared to go as a few videos showed, renamed the file, let the light blink until it powered down, all that.
  • And I have reset the CMOS battery, again following the steps in the mobo manual.
So as it stands, GPU is out, monitor and PC powered, both RAM sticks are back in the slots per mobo manual, and monitor connected to mobo by HDMI cable-- getting no display signal as usual. What next? D:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Y74GKX

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 4.7 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte B650M D3HP Micro ATX AM5 Motherboard
Memory: Silicon Power Value Gaming 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory
Storage: Silicon Power UD90 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card: XFX Speedster SWFT 319 Core Radeon RX 6800 16 GB Video Card
Case: Fractal Design Pop Mini Silent MicroATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF A3 - TT Premium Edition 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-09-04 11:28 EDT-0400