Question New PC build problems

PFC Cavazos

Reputable
Jul 17, 2015
So i just built this new PC i just got, the first problem i had was moving over a hard driver to the new build. for some reason the hard drive wasnt being registered by the new build. so i ended up reinstalling windows onto that hard drive, and I proceeded like i would getting a new computer. When i try to update the drivers, adding my graphics card, windows update, or try to do any updates to my Computer it will not install it. My graphics card says its not compatible with the windows that makes no sense to me. Did i do something wrong? this isnt my 1st PC build im just frustrated and i just cant seem to figure it out. Your advice and help is much appreciated.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
You need to use a current version of 10 after formatting the drive during the process.

Setup a Microsoft Account and link your current PC to it , then backup whatever you want to save and perform a clean install on your new SSD and activate it with your Microsoft account from within windows. Skip the key entry during setup and activate it from within windows with the registered Microsoft Account.

Setup a Microsoft Account and link your current PC to it , then backup whatever you want to save and perform a clean install on your new SSD and activate it with your Microsoft account from within windows. Skip the key entry during setup and activate it from within windows with the registered Microsoft Account.

Setup a Windows 10 Account ^

Create a USB installer here ^

PFC Cavazos

Reputable
Jul 17, 2015
You need to use a current version of 10 after formatting the drive during the process.

Setup a Windows 10 Account ^

Create a USB installer here ^
do i have to do it through USB or can i just download it off the internet?