Question New PC Build - Questions regarding popping noise from external speakers

Sean87NC

Honorable
Jun 12, 2017
Hello,

I recently built a new computer and I noticed I get a popping noise in both my external speakers(3.5mm connected) and my headset. So, I bought new speakers and a headset. I get the popping noise on my external speakers when I go to switch my audio device from my headset to my speakers for example, or if I go to a site that will immediately play a sound. It doesn't happen every time but most of the time. I have read this is normal for amplified speakers which the external speakers are.
I have not noticed the noise in the new headset but my testing has been limited. The new headset is USB compared to the old which also used a 3.5mm audio jack.

Is the popping noise indicative of some problem? If not, I can live with it. I can get the mobo replaced as it has a warranty but also less than 30 days since I bought it from Amazon.
Motherboard is below. If there is any other info I can provide, let me know. I have downloaded the most recent Realtek HD Audio drivers from ASUS website along with BIOS update.

Sean87NC

Honorable
Jun 12, 2017
I figured this may be a power settings of some sort as I can't always reproduce it right away. I have to wait a bit and then if I right click the Sound icon > click Sounds and I would hear a pop. I just changed the setting for that output to CD quality 16bit and I will see if it continues. I will need to wait a bit and test though.

Sean87NC

Honorable
Jun 12, 2017
I figured this may be a power settings of some sort as I can't always reproduce it right away. I have to wait a bit and then if I right click the Sound icon > click Sounds and I would hear a pop. I just changed the setting for that output to CD quality 16bit and I will see if it continues. I will need to wait a bit and test though.

It seems changing the quality to the lowest(16bit cd quality) may have stopped the popping. I have been trying to reproduce the noise but so far, we are good.