Question New PC build restarts randomly

Kalarak

Commendable
Aug 2, 2017
I recently built a new PC, about a month or so ago. Now when I play games it seems to randomly restart even though nothing is being stressed. Specific game that it started on is Dying Light but it's even happened in CSGO where I've put in around 100 hours of play time since building it. It doesn't actually turn off, just reboots, all the LEDs and fans stay on. No BSOD, just straight to a black screen for 10-20 seconds then the windows loading logo. I've made sure all the drivers are up to date, did a full virus scan. Sometimes it will be fine for 2-3 hours, other times it will crash as soon as a game is started with no prior stress, so I doubt it's an overheating issue. I can't think of anything else that could be causing it and I don't know how to further diagnose.

Specs are:
Corsair RM850x
Radeon RX 590 Red Devil
Corsair 16 GB Ram
Ryzen 7 2700 8 core processor
Windows 10 64bit

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
I recently built a new PC, about a month or so ago. Now when I play games it seems to randomly restart even though nothing is being stressed. Specific game that it started on is Dying Light but it's even happened in CSGO where I've put in around 100 hours of play time since building it. It doesn't actually turn off, just reboots, all the LEDs and fans stay on. No BSOD, just straight to a black screen for 10-20 seconds then the windows loading logo. I've made sure all the drivers are up to date, did a full virus scan. Sometimes it will be fine for 2-3 hours, other times it will crash as soon as a game is started with no prior stress, so I doubt it's an overheating issue. I can't think of anything else that could be causing it and I don't know how to further diagnose.

Specs are:
Corsair RM850x
Radeon RX 590 Red Devil
Corsair 16 GB Ram
Ryzen 7 2700 8 core processor
Windows 10 64bit

What did the "event viewer" say about it? Just type 'event viewer' into your search bar, click on the app, go to 'administrative events' and click on the log that was reported at the time the crash occurred.