New PC Build Running at Unexpectedly Low FPS

Jul 6, 2018
This is the first time I’ve built a PC, I’m not sure that it’s working properly. Games, internet, even the Windows home screen are running very slowly regardless of changes to graphics. Here are the parts I’m using:

- AMD Ryzen 5 2400G Processor with Radeon RX Vega 11 Graphics

- ASUS Prime B350M-E AMD Ryzen AM4 DDR4 HDMI DVI VGA M.2 USB 3.1 uATX B350 Motherboard

- G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2x4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200) Intel Z170 Platform / Intel X99 Platform Desktop Memory F4-2400C15D-8GVR

- DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 400 CPU Cooler 4 Heatpipes 120mm PWM Fan Blue LED INTEL/AMD AM4 Compatible

- MasterBox 5 Mid-tower Computer Case with Internal Configuration - ATX, Micro ATX, Mini ITX Supported Black

- The hard drive from my old Dell Inspiron 660s

I just finished updating everything through Windows Update and everything is still running very slowly. I don’t believe this is due to inadequate hardware as I’m running games like Heat Signature and Surgeon Simulator, and used to be able to run them at 60 FPS on my old Inspiron 660s.

I’m looking for something I forget to do or download that might be causing this. Hope someone can help. :)

Jul 6, 2018
First, I attempted to reset Windows to conduct a fresh install (Though I’m not sure it was what you meant, like I said it’s my first time.) I was told that I couldn’t conduct a reset because I was using Windows To Go, which I believe makes resetting a dead end.

Then, I looked into my BIOS and everything does seem to be running properly, but I turned on DOCP and changed from “Normal” to “Asus Optimized” or something similarly named, and my PC seems to be running better.

Thanks for the help, I would still welcome any extra advice.

Update: For people with the same problem I had, I went online to AMD’s driver update software, entered my processor, downloaded what it gave me, and now my PC is running perfectly. (Though I still have no idea what happened.)