Question New PC build screen issues

Jul 25, 2024
Hello all!

I am totally new at this, so I wanted a gamimg pc, headed to a store, picked up the components, they built it for me and all was fine for maybe 2-3 weeks. Now I am experiencing random black screen for 1-2 seconds, sometimes horizontal lines. I've changed HDMI to DP cables, new cables, and still issue persists. I am not sure how to replicate it but seems to happen when gaming and not gaming.

List of components (Seasonic GX 1000 Power Supply, Aorus Gigabyte 4090 graphic card and other components below).

OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Home
Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name ALVA
System Manufacturer ASUS
System Model System Product Name
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU SKU
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-Core Processor, 4201 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1813, 10/13/2023
SMBIOS Version 3.5
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Product ROG STRIX B650E-E GAMING WIFI
BaseBoard Version Rev 1.xx

Asking for guidance on what tests or troubleshooting I should do to try to replicate and identify the issue. Any help will be greatly appreciate as I don know where to start from here.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

+
Flash the BIOS to the latest version using steps in this guide;
View: https://youtu.be/GzpVSOtaKBU

Once you've verified that the BIOS was flashed to the latest version, clear the CMOS and then try and boot to your OS GUI.

Jul 25, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

+
Flash the BIOS to the latest version using steps in this guide;
View: https://youtu.be/GzpVSOtaKBU

Once you've verified that the BIOS was flashed to the latest version, clear the CMOS and then try and boot to your OS GUI.

Awesome thanks. I've flashed bios and cleared CMOS. I will keep monitoring to see if the issue persists.

Jul 25, 2024
I am still experiencing random black screen, it feels less than before but still. Also, I see some horizontal lines when playing sometimes (not sure what it is). The screen goes black for a second or two then image is back. There is no message as to "no source" in the display. I dont see increase in temp from gpu or cpu when this happens either.