Question New PC build struggling to perform tasks ?

Jun 1, 2022
Recently built a PC to replace my Hp Pavilion Gaming Laptop and PS4. Here are the specs:

Case: MUSETEX ATX PC Case with 6 Pcs 120mm ARGB Fans
MB: MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS
PSU: Zeus GAMDIAS RGB Gaming PC Power Supply 750W 80 Plus Gold
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
RAM: XPG DDR4 D60G RGB 16GB (2x8GB) 3600MHz
HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB
SSD: Inland Professional 1TB NVMe SSD
GPU: ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti Twin Edge OC
CPU cooling: JONSBO CR1000 RGB CPU Cooling Fan

It "lags" when signing into Windows, clicking on programs such as Chrome, and my wireless keyboard/mouse operates poorly with certain games (could be a different issue.) I assumed with the amount I put into my PC it should run a heck of a lot better than my laptop but frankly my laptop runs 10x better. This was my first time building a PC and I attempted to do extensive research, but I might have missed something. Hopefully some of the pros can help me out?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
I attempted to do extensive research, but I might have missed something.

By the looks of your parts list, there was an "attempt", but a poor one. Almost half of what you list, are no-name/inferior parts. Sure, they have RGB but are you one of those people who think that RGB gives FPS/performance?

Lets assume you did your extensive research, which also includes reading reviews of the parts before buying. Here, can you be so nice, and link us the reviews of following parts:

Case: MUSETEX ATX PC Case with 6 Pcs 120mm ARGB Fans
PSU: Zeus GAMDIAS RGB Gaming PC Power Supply 750W 80 Plus Gold
SSD: Inland Professional 1TB NVMe SSD
CPU cooling: JONSBO CR1000 RGB CPU Cooling Fan

If you didn't read the reviews and/or there are no reviews of said components, then there is 0 reason to buy them. Since without review, you do not know how they perform. And cheap price or RGB is not the valid reason to buy them.

So, i'll be waiting for the reviews from your extensive research.

Jun 1, 2022
By the looks of your parts list, there was an "attempt", but a poor one. Almost half of what you list, are no-name/inferior parts. Sure, they have RGB but are you one of those people who think that RGB gives FPS/performance?

Lets assume you did your extensive research, which also includes reading reviews of the parts before buying. Here, can you be so nice, and link us the reviews of following parts:

If you didn't read the reviews and/or there are no reviews of said components, then there is 0 reason to buy them. Since without review, you do not know how they perform. And cheap price or RGB is not the valid reason to buy them.

So, i'll be waiting for the reviews from your extensive research.

Extensive research as in confirming that the parts I chose are compatible motherboard, along with the reviews of course. And no, I know RGB has nothing to do with performance. Sure I bought them because I wanted to make the PC look good, while doing so I made sure they were compatible with the MB. I posted the names directly from Amazon where I do most of my shopping. I read the reviews before I buy anything as I know PC building is an investment. But sure, I will be nice, and gladly show you the reviews :)

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/adata-xpg-spectrix-d60g-ddr4-3600-ram-review
https://www.amazon.com/product-revi...e=all_reviews&pageNumber=1#reviews-filter-bar
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0953K97FY?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Extensive research as in confirming that the parts I chose are compatible motherboard, along with the reviews of course. And no, I know RGB has nothing to do with performance. Sure I bought them because I wanted to make the PC look good, while doing so I made sure they were compatible with the MB. I posted the names directly from Amazon where I do most of my shopping. I read the reviews before I buy anything as I know PC building is an investment. But sure, I will be nice, and gladly show you the reviews :)

Out of the 5 links you posted, only one of the links is actual review, by reputable reviewer, and that is the RAM review (which i did not ask for). The other 4, and which i did ask for, are not actual reviews. Instead, those are customer feedbacks.

For example, let's take your PSU.
  • From amazon feedback, there are plenty and plenty of people, leaving negative feedback of PSU dying within short amount of time. <- That is 1st big red flag.
  • 2nd red flag comes from the amazon listing. In the listing, it is named "Zeus Gamidas" but the pictures of PSU are actually "Kratos Gamidas".
  • 3rd red flag comes from manufacturer's official site, link: https://www.gamdias.com/en/component/power Who even doesn't have the actual PSU listed on their page. Closest match would be Kratos P1A-750G, but what you have, is Kratos P1-750G, which is completely different PSU.
  • And 4th red flag would be, that there are no actual reviews of your PSU, by any reputable (or non-reputable) reviewer. Only thing i was able to find, is this preview: https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/9...-750w-gold-atx-power-supply-review/index.html And preview is not the same as review. In the preview, there is no PSU teardown (showing innards), in-depth testing and the like.

For me, one red flag is enough not to buy a PSU. But yours has at least 4 red flags not to buy it.
On the flip side, here's how proper PSU is presented. For the example, i'll take Seasonic TX-650 (80+ Titanium) PSU;

With this, and if money wouldn't be an issue, which of the two PSUs you'd buy? The RGB junk with several red flags? Or tried, tested and proven to be great Seasonic PSU?
(Btw, this very Seasonic TX-650 (80+ Titanium) PSU is powering my Haswell build.)

---

Sure I bought them because I wanted to make the PC look good, while doing so I made sure they were compatible with the MB.

I get that you're 1st time desktop buyer, but before making the purchase, especially being 1st time at this, it doesn't hurt to make a topic in Tom's Hardware forums, and ask resident experts about the parts you've thought about. With the help of others, you could've avoided the cash traps, while still getting good performing and good looking hardware, without having issues you're currently having.

Speaking of good looking PC. In your opinion, does this PC look good:

vgc9bNK.jpg

---

As of what is currently wrong of your PC, it could be either of the two:
  1. Software issue
  2. Hardware issue

Software issue is relatively easy to solve, easiest being clean Win install, since it starts everything anew and fresh.

Hardware issue is harder to diagnose and requires either 2nd, compatible PC, to test out each and every hardware component on their own. Or outright replacing the hardware.
E.g the "lagging" when booting into Win, could be issue of your SSD, which isn't capable of performing any better. Also, this sluggish performance could be due to the high component temperatures. Have you checked your temperatures? E.g via HWinfo64.