Question New PC Build - Stuttering in All Games

Aug 11, 2021
It is my first time building a pc and I have been trying to figure out why my PC is stuttering in all games with frame time spikes as well. Regardless of framerate caps and in-game graphic setting changes my PC will still stutter. I have not over or underclocked anything aside from my RAM to 3200MHz. I seem to be able to run UserBenchmark fine with all components but my GPU. It fails the test every time.

Link to UserBenchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/45376241

Things I have tried:
DDU
Changing drivers and bios
Update drivers
Switching/turning off FreeSync and Vsync
Fresh Windows 10 install
Switching between HDMI and DisplayPort
Windows High Performance
Turned off all Radeon Software settings

Components:
Motherboard - ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero x570
CPU - Ryzen 9 5900X
CPU Cooler - Noctua NH-D15
GPU - RX 6700 XT Reference Card
RAM - 2x Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 8GB 3200MHz
PSU - EVGA G3 850w 80+ Gold
SSD - Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB
Monitor - Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQ 165Hz
Case - Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh RGB

Last edited:

LazerTechX

Distinguished
May 3, 2014
I ran Heavenly, Valley, and Superposition and all of them had moments where they stuttered. The temps and information listed is after a Valley test at 2K highest settings.
View: https://imgur.com/a/ump5DWU
While I did see a thread on AMD's forum that anything below 110C for the GPU is fine, I really am concerned for it reaching 97C on the hot spot. What case are you using? You could try to run the stress test again but this time open the side panel.

Aug 11, 2021
While I did see a thread on AMD's forum that anything below 110C for the GPU is fine, I really am concerned for it reaching 97C on the hot spot. What case are you using? You could try to run the stress test again but this time open the side panel.
Ran Valley again and GPU was 80C and 95C on the hot spot with side panel open. Case is Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh RGB. Case is also on my desk and not on the floor.

Aug 11, 2021
Are bios, drivers, and windows up to date? Have you checked CPU temps? Make sure the fans are working properly, on the GPU, also.
Bios, drivers, and windows are all up to date. GPU Fan is at 1500rpm to 1650rpm during tests. CPU temps never went above 63C and all cores boosted correctly on Prime95 blended test.

Aug 11, 2021
One thing I did notice is that I will have stutters at the exact same points/slides in Heavenly, Valley, Superposition, and UserBenchmark no matter how many times I run the benchmark. It seems that the stutters are not random.