[SOLVED] New PC Build Suggestions/Critiques?

Apr 26, 2019
Old PC -
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43
Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 750 Ti
Processor: AMD FX-8350 Black Edition
Ram: DDR3 8GB x 2
Power Supply: Corsair CX750

My very first pc’s mb died around a month or two ago and Ive been on a slow grind towards choosing new parts to upgrade. Im still fairly new to pc building and hearing about AMD’s cpu and gpu release got me a little excited lol. Ive been saving money for a bit now and have around $1,300 that I'm willing to spend.

New PC -
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Graphics Card: XFX 5700 8GB GDDR6
Processor: Ryzen 3600X
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX16 (2x8GB) DDR4 3000MHz
Power Supply: Corsair CX750

• MB seemed solid based on YT and forum reviews. Cheaper than most x570s and Bios update for new ryzen shouldn't be a problem.
• 3600X seemed convenient because I dont know much about OC and it has a higher base stat clock.
• RX 5700 Im not really sure on, some say wait for companies to release their models or to buy a 2060 Super instead.
• I played games like FO76, Gmod, TF2, Battlefront, Battlefield 1, FO4, LOL. Id like the option to play cool AAA games on nice settings but Im not super demanding

Suggestions/Info/General Tips always appreciated. I dont know what Im doing 😤 ty for even considering helping a rookie out

Solution
Everything is pretty awesome. The only thing that i could criticize would be the CPU. Don't get me wrong 3600X is excellent but you don't really need to OC. If you want to that's ok, but the 3600 is already enough. There are a lot of guides to overclock. So you can buy the 3600 and OC it to the X version. With those $50 you could get the rx 5700XT which is way better than the non-xt

santinicouleau

Commendable
Nov 16, 2018
Everything is pretty awesome. The only thing that i could criticize would be the CPU. Don't get me wrong 3600X is excellent but you don't really need to OC. If you want to that's ok, but the 3600 is already enough. There are a lot of guides to overclock. So you can buy the 3600 and OC it to the X version. With those $50 you could get the rx 5700XT which is way better than the non-xt

Solution
Apr 26, 2019
Right on ty! Like OC it to 3.8? Im kind of nervous to OC cpu because the scare of reducing its longevity. It probably isn't that big of a deal though right?

santinicouleau

Commendable
Nov 16, 2018
I agree dont buy the 3600x. The 3600 will run within a couple mhz of the 3600x at stock. Neither overclock much at all.

Also, i would wait untill a nonblower model of the 5700 or 5700xt comes out. The ones out now have thermal and noise problems.
Yeah i also forgot about the GPU. I think the majority of people (myself included) who is going to buy a RX 5700 is waiting for the custom ones because like remix said, the ones that are out have those problems.
Regarding which GPU to buy, RX 5700 or RTX 2 060 Super, you only need to watch this video
View: https://youtube.com/watch?v=en_2h9NnXHM

Aug 21, 2019
Yeah i also forgot about the GPU. I think the majority of people (myself included) who is going to buy a RX 5700 is waiting for the custom ones because like remix said, the ones that are out have those problems.
Regarding which GPU to buy, RX 5700 or RTX 2 060 Super, you only need to watch this video
View: https://youtube.com/watch?v=en_2h9NnXHM
How Nvidia can get higher temperatures on 2 fans,comparing to RX one fan? Recently I've seen another test and AMD is getting temperatures 10-15 degrees higher!

TRENDING THREADS