[SOLVED] New PC build, system boots but no display or keyboard or mouse

Jun 9, 2021
So basically I just built a pc and everytime I turn it on, everything works and lights up, (main fans, cpu fan, back fan, ram sticks have RGB and they light up, and so does the gpu) but whenever I plug in my monitor no display is shown and the keyboard doesn’t light up or turn on. I should note, when I plug the hard drive with windows 10 in it, it lights up. If anyone can help me please do.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 5600x
B450-F Gaming II ROG STRIX
16gb ram 3200 (RGB)
ASUS RTX 2060 OC edition
80 plus gold 650W PSU

Solution
You need version 4007 for the 5600X to work. Your motherboard supports BIOS flashback so you should be able to update it,( but please familiarise yourself with the procedure before doing so.) Your pc wont post without the update anyway.
Jun 9, 2021
Do you know what BIOS version your motherboard came with? I imagine most B450 boards need a BIOS update to run a 5000 series cpu.
Yes I think it needs an update I have a USB with the bios update but the thing won’t post and the keyboard isn’t getting any power either

You need version 4007 for the 5600X to work. Your motherboard supports BIOS flashback so you should be able to update it,( but please familiarise yourself with the procedure before doing so.) Your pc wont post without the update anyway.

Solution
Ive done BIOS flashes with the cpu and everything else plugged in and never had any issues,( i have a different board than you though but pretty much the same set up with everything else.) Which BIOS are you updating it to? Did you rename the file on the flash drive?

Jun 9, 2021
Ive done BIOS flashes with the cpu and everything else plugged in and never had any issues,( i have a different board than you though but pretty much the same set up with everything else.) Which BIOS are you updating it to? Did you rename the file on the flash drive?
Hello, sorry for not replying but I wanted to tell you that everything worked out. At first the motherboard wasn’t updating so I contacted Asus phone support and the guy said I need to ask AMD for a old cpu and I was like there has to be another way so I contacted Asus again through chat support and the person told me to try the version before the newest one and it worked.

Reactions: kurdtnz