[SOLVED] New PC Build troubleshooting

lukevluke

Reputable
Apr 13, 2017
I need help troubleshooting my new PC build. The issue that I am having is, that my PC is failing to POST properly. When I turn it on my case fans and GPU fail to start up. I also cannot get into the BIOS. I suspect it's my motherboard since both my GPU and case fans do not startup. I have already tried resetting the CMOS but I don't think it did much. Is there any way for me to troubleshoot the problem or do you think my mobo is the issue? My other components seem to be working, my cooler receives power and is operational. My mobo is getting power by the way since the RGB's on the mobo are lighting up.

Specs are as follows:
ComponentSelection
CPUIntel Core i7-10700K 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor
CPU CoolerCorsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
MotherboardAsus PRIME Z490-A ATX LGA1200 Motherboard
MemoryG.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL14 Memory
StorageSamsung 980 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Video CardMSI GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB VENTUS 3X OC Video Card
CaseNZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power SupplyThermaltake Toughpower GF1 PE 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Solution
try each memory module separately in each DIMM slot one-at-a-time.
this can help to diagnose if a certain memory stick or if a certain DIMM slot has malfunctioned.

also if you have another known functioning power supply on hand or that you can borrow from a friend, family member, co-worker, etc try it.
this can help to diagnose if a certain memory stick or if a certain DIMM slot has malfunctioned.

also if you have another known functioning power supply on hand or that you can borrow from a friend, family member, co-worker, etc try it.

Reactions: lukevluke
Solution

lukevluke

Reputable
Apr 13, 2017

It was the PSU, thanks for the tip. Took a few weeks but I finally got another PSU to test it out.

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost