[SOLVED] New PC build turning on (lights, fans) but no video ouput from graphics card or motherboard ports ?

Feb 12, 2022
Hi guys, I just built a desktop PC and I'm having some issues with it.
The lights and various fans (case, cpu cooler, graphics card) are all working, but I can't seem to get any video output.
The HDMI cable and monitor that I'm using works fine on other machines so it's most likely a problem with the new build.

I tried stripping the machine to a barebones build just to try and get it running.
So I removed all the HDDs, the graphics card and one of the RAM modules.
I then plugged out all cables and rewired everything from scratch (leaving only 1 case fan turned on).
I was careful to ensure all cables were inserted tightly into PSU and mobo.
I then turned it on but still no luck.

Components of barebones build were as follows:
Case: SilverStone DS380
Motherboard: Asus H110i Plus
PSU: Cooler Master V650 SFX Gold
CPU: Intel i5 6500
CPU Cooler: SilverStone SST-AR11
RAM: Crucial CT8G4DFRA266

26632h.png

6e974g.png

There may also be a problem with the USB ports as my razer keyboard doesn't appear to be getting any power to start up its internal RGB lighting when I plug it in.
I also tried plugging in an external HDD and it gets power for a second or two but turns off after that.
The same happens with my phone's USB charger. The only USB device I managed to get working consistently was my fitbit charger.
This problem affects all USB ports (motherboard + case).

Here's a video of the problem in action: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XMebJru_ttFGUKqWpx-1AHrCJlsPYd1d/view?usp=sharing
Note how the monitor is on, then it goes black with no video output appearing.
Also note how the keyboard RGB lighting doesn't turn on.

Edit: This particular case didn't come with a chassis-mounted speaker by the way

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS