[SOLVED] New PC build turns on and everything is working except there is no display.

Jul 30, 2021
Basically what the title says. All the LEDs/Fans etc work. When I plug in my keyboard and mouse they light up as well. It's just there is no display on my monitor. I tried switching the HDMI cable from the mobo to the GPU but still no luck.

PC Parts:
Ryzen 7 5800x
MSI MPG B550 Gaming Carbon Wifi
NZXT Kraken Z63 98.17 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16
Western Digital SN750 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Seagate HDD
EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card
Corsair RM Series, RM650, 650 Watt, 80+ Gold Certified
NZXT H510 Elite ATX Mid Tower Case
NZXT AER RGB 2 52.44 CFM 120 mm Fan
NZXT AER RGB 2 91.19 CFM 140 mm Fan

I have no idea what to do, please help :') I'm also not sure if my mobo needs a bios update. The serial number tells me it was manufactured in February of 2021. I've removed and placed the ram back in.

Last edited:
Solution
I believe your motherboard needs a BIOS update to run the 5800X, (you need BIOS version 7C90v14zip ) Luckily your motherboard has BIOS flash so you can download the BIOS at your motherboards support page onto a USB and update it. If you are unfamiliar with updating your BIOS, watch a few videos to familiarise yourself how it's done before attempting it. Also, your monitor needs to be connected to your GPU and not your motherboard.
I believe your motherboard needs a BIOS update to run the 5800X, (you need BIOS version 7C90v14zip ) Luckily your motherboard has BIOS flash so you can download the BIOS at your motherboards support page onto a USB and update it. If you are unfamiliar with updating your BIOS, watch a few videos to familiarise yourself how it's done before attempting it. Also, your monitor needs to be connected to your GPU and not your motherboard.

Solution
Jul 30, 2021

Would I need to disassemble my pc in order to do the BIOS update? or is it fine to leave everything connected like my CPU etc. in the case and just plug in the USB?

Reactions: kurdtnz

TRENDING THREADS