[SOLVED] New PC Build Turns On and Off Repeatedly -No Video HELP PLEASE!!

jd6424

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016
Just finished my PC build when I went to turn on the the power supply on button the lights quickly flashed in my computer, then when I turned it on using the pc button all the lights and fans come on and 2 seconds later it turns off then back on repeatedly and I get no display. The only way I can turn it completely off is with the psu on/off button. I have 9 RGB fans with 3 of them getting power from the PSU and the other 6 from the Motherboard, all of them are spinning but only the 3 running off the PSU light up the other 6 just spin, I also have RGB G-Skill DDR4 Ram that isn't lighting up. Can the PSU still be the problem even though all the fans spin? I've TRIPLED checked All connections even remove GPU and plugged monitor into MB and it still turns off and on with no display. So before I strart "replacing" everything where should I start?? PLEASE HELP this is driving me Crazy!

Here's what have in this build.

Intel i7 8700k 8th Gen (BX80684I78700K)
Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 Rev 1.0 MB (Z370 intel 8th Gen LGA1151)
EVGA SuperNova G3 850w PSU (220-G3-0850-X1)
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB DDR4 (F4-3000C15D-16GTZR)
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC GAMING ACX 3.0, (08G-P4-6183-KR, 8GB)
Samsung 970 EVO 500GB - NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 SSD (MZ-V7E500BW) (for OS & storage)
SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series 2.5" 500GB SATA III SSD (MZ-76E500B/AM) (for storage only)
EVGA CLC 280 Liquid/Water CPU Cooler, RGB LED Cooling (400-HY-CL28-V1)
Lian Li PC-O11 Air Case
6 Lian Li Bora Lite RGB lights (no controller)
3 Lian Li Bora Lite RGB lights (with controller)

Solution
Okay time to do this correctly (assuming you double checked that is in fact a z370 motherboard off the box)

Take motherboard out of the case, install 1 stick of ram in whatever slot your manual says to put it if you only have one.

Install the CPU and CPU cooler (or keep them installed)

And the psu connectors.

Nothing else this is all that is required to boot. Plug monitor into motherboard and short the pwr sw pins with a screwdriver. See if that'll boot.

jd6424

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016

Process of elimination, well I can skip one step as I've already removed and tried it with the GPU unplugged and removed and it still turned on/off repeatedly.
Let me ask you this, is it possible for all the fans and "most" of the lights and the AIO cooler fan to spin and come on and Still have the PSU be bad? BTW the PSU fan spins also. Also should I check the MB battery voltage to see if that is dead (don't know if that could cause this or not)? I'll post the results thanks.

jd6424

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016

everything is I've used in this build is listed in my first post. I checked Gigabytes's website for compatibility before I order these parts. At the time I ordered them everything checked out. I was in no hurry to build this PC as I had several other projects I needed to do first,so even though everything is brand new I bought some of these pieces as far back as June of 2018.

****I've updated it to include part numbers****

jd6424

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
Okay time to do this correctly (assuming you double checked that is in fact a z370 motherboard off the box)

Take motherboard out of the case, install 1 stick of ram in whatever slot your manual says to put it if you only have one.

Install the CPU and CPU cooler (or keep them installed)

And the psu connectors.

Nothing else this is all that is required to boot. Plug monitor into motherboard and short the pwr sw pins with a screwdriver. See if that'll boot.

Solution

jd6424

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016

UPDATE
I disconnected everything reinstalled the CPU and Ram and tried to start it up with just the CPU and Ram and it still turns on and off. Something I didn't notice before is I have the RED LED CPU light on. I removed it again and checked the best I could to see if any of the pins looked damaged on both the CPU and MB, everything appears OK. What are the chances of having a bad CPU? Could it be the PSU or RAM? I do have access to another computer I just built that has a 550w PSU and a 8th Gen i3-8100 that works perfectly. Would it be safe to try that CPU with this build, I don't want to damage that CPU?

jd6424

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016

UPDATE
I disconnected everything reinstalled the CPU and Ram and tried to start it up with just the CPU and Ram and it still turns on and off. Something I didn't notice before is I have the RED LED CPU light on. I removed it again and checked the best I could to see if any of the pins looked damaged on both the CPU and MB, everything appears OK. What are the chances of having a bad CPU? Could it be the PSU or RAM? I do have access to another computer I just built that has a 550w PSU and a 8th Gen i3-8100 that works perfectly. Would it be safe to try that CPU with this build, I don't want to damage that CPU?