Question New PC build was fine, but this morning it wouldn't boot ?

Jan 30, 2021
Hi,
my first pc build was working fine, but this morning it wouldn't turn on, the rgb turned on for the mobo, the rest went on for 1 sec and turned off again, with the power button remaining lit and unresponsive to holding down for a while, so couldn't turn the pc off unless I removed power plug.

I unplugged everything, replugged, no cookie.

I then unplugged the power strip from the wall, plugged it into the one above it, and it is back on. A reboot and switch from power outlet again made the pc not boot again, switched back to upper outlet and it turned on.

What is the problem here...

(i have tried CLRTC while it was in its original wall power outlet, but nothing changed)
My specs:
-Asus x570 Prime-Pro
-32gb ram
-5600x
-rtx 3070
-750w cooler master MWE v2
-samsung evo 970 1tb nvme (bootdrive)
- samsung evo sata 500gb ssc

(psu plugging manner: 10pin and 24pin, then cpu cable, skipped one slot, then gpu cable next to it, below that 1 sata cable that has SSD, front IO and another fanhub, all three connected to the same sata splitter cable.)
Edit: (mobo cpu is only connected by 8pin, not by also the 4pin cable. Gpu both cables plugged)

(I have done CLRTC a few times last week when I was done building and had a ram speed problem. I ended up fixing that problem by updating BIOS and installing more recent AMD chipset drivers.)

(The pc has worked since monday, without issues.)

Please help, I do not know how to deal with this.

img:

View: https://imgur.com/a/z5ZooZy

Last edited:
Hi,
my first pc build was working fine, but this morning it wouldn't turn on, the rgb turned on for the mobo, the rest went on for 1 sec and turned off again, with the power button remaining lit and unresponsive to holding down for a while, so couldn't turn the pc off unless I removed power plug.

I unplugged everything, replugged, no cookie.

I then unplugged the power strip from the wall, plugged it into the one above it, and it is back on. A reboot and switch from power outlet again made the pc not boot again, switched back to upper outlet and it turned on.

What is the problem here...

(i have tried CLRTC while it was in its original wall power outlet, but nothing changed)
My specs:
-Asus x570 Prime-Pro
-32gb ram
-5600x
-rtx 3070
-750w cooler master MWE v2
-samsung evo 970 1tb nvme (bootdrive)
- samsung evo sata 500gb ssc

(psu plugging manner: 10pin and 24pin, then cpu cable, skipped one slot, then gpu cable next to it, below that 1 sata cable that has SSD, front IO and another fanhub, all three connected to the same sata splitter cable.)
Edit: (mobo cpu is only connected by 8pin, not by also the 4pin cable. Gpu both cables plugged)

(I have done CLRTC a few times last week when I was done building and had a ram speed problem. I ended up fixing that problem by updating BIOS and installing more recent AMD chipset drivers.)

(The pc has worked since monday, without issues.)

Please help, I do not know how to deal with this.
Clearing CMOS (CLRTC) is done when power is right off, not plugged in and not running.

Jan 30, 2021
post a picture of the cable connected on the board you should also have the 4 pins one on with the 8 pins .

added it as edit to OP. I need to plug the 4pin also?

edit: maybe it's useful information: I have had the pc on now for about 6 hours, have played warzone without issues. So the problem only arises when the pc has been fully off.

Last edited: