Discussion New PC build - will there be enough space/cooling?

Oct 24, 2020
Hey guys,

A friend told me to post my build ideas on here to see if anything could be improved and to check for compatibility/space issues. My budget would roughly be around £1100/200 and this build would be primarily for gaming in place of a next gen console. I play a mix of fps, strategy and open world adventure and will be planning on playing AAA games in the future (idm about ultra settings). I was curious if all of these components would fit together and whether I would need a better cpu cooler or any extra fans? I've also chosen a rtx 2070 super as this seems to be the best trade off for a good gpu that is currently in stock in the UK and not too expensive. I currently have a 250 GB SSD and was wondering whether it was worth upgrading to a 2TB HDD alongside it or to instead get a better SSD?

PC Build

Any tips would be appreciated :)

1. Either you get a better cooler or the stock will be fine, not much improvement to be honest.
  2. That motherboard, B450 MAX is more expensive or about the same as a B550 Pro4 which is newer and a really decent motherboard.
  3. The 2070 S is a mistake at this point, next wk nvidia will have the new 3070's and later AMD their own cards at that price.

Oct 24, 2020
  1. Either you get a better cooler or the stock will be fine, not much improvement to be honest.
  2. That motherboard, B450 MAX is more expensive or about the same as a B550 Pro4 which is newer and a really decent motherboard.
  3. The 2070 S is a mistake at this point, next wk nvidia will have the new 3070's and later AMD their own cards at that price.
Thanks man, what price will the 3070s be when they come out? I'm worried that they'd all get price gouged. Also what would I actually gain from having a 30 series that I'd be able to make use of?