[SOLVED] New PC build with bluescreens inquiring GPU software not working. Radeon RX5700 Strix

Dec 3, 2019
Hello fellow PC enthusiasts!

Just built a new desktop pc and immediately i started getting issues when i started downloading GPU drivers.

First thing is that i get a lot of bluescreens inquiring my graphic drivers like (VIDEO_TDR_TIMEOUT_DETECTED) and another one which i cant remember the name of rn. Second thing is about my GPU. I have tried downloading different programs to control my gpu for example Gpu Tweak II and Msi afterburner but neither of them is giving me info about my gpu (temp, gpu speed or vram etc) only thing i am able to do is control my fans manually throgh Gpu Tweak. My PC detect's the gpu and i can update the driver through windows, but nothing really seems to work :/ Have tried rebooting my PC from a USB drive but got the same issues :(

Also: Tried playing several games, and and every game was autimatically set to the highest graphics but still i got like 20-40 FPS on a GPU that easily should be able to run with amazing performance at a higher FPS rate.

Really hope anyone could give me some advice, because im not interested in spending 1000 euros on a piece of junk xD

My setup is:
Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming
Asus ROG Strix Radeon RX5700
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
HyperX 2x8 GB Ram
Corsair TX550M
250GB M.2 SSD
3TB HDD

Solution
USE DDU, unsinstall ALL drivers, every single one, delete all thirdparty software such as afterburner, As AMD drivers do not really like those, reinstall drivers from AMD, and you should be fine if not fresh install of windows and AMD drivers, Done this on my RX5700XT build I call the build 'T-800' LOL, as I said AMD drivers are verry new and shite so be patient I had so many issues that I'm now an expert, Also dont use wattman OC at all, just use fan settings
Nov 29, 2019
USE DDU, unsinstall ALL drivers, every single one, delete all thirdparty software such as afterburner, As AMD drivers do not really like those, reinstall drivers from AMD, and you should be fine if not fresh install of windows and AMD drivers, Done this on my RX5700XT build I call the build 'T-800' LOL, as I said AMD drivers are verry new and shite so be patient I had so many issues that I'm now an expert, Also dont use wattman OC at all, just use fan settings

Solution
Dec 3, 2019
so you mean that i should install the drivers from amd’s website?

Nov 29, 2019
uninstalll every software you have downloaded for temp and fps recording and gpu-z or whatnot including MSI afterburner AMD drivers dont work well with other products and software for fan control and overclocking or monitoring, remove every previous display driver and reinstall adrenalin drivers from AMD

Nov 29, 2019
if that doesnt work fresh install windows and reinstall drivers, make sure the GPU is not thermal throttlint you will loose performance, make sure you have no overclocks and make sure once you DDU and wipe drivers and reinstall adrenalin from AMD, uncheck auto fan control and make it 100% from 70Degrees, 20% at 25Degrees, 50% fan speed at 55degrees

Dec 3, 2019
if that doesnt work fresh install windows and reinstall drivers, make sure the GPU is not thermal throttlint you will loose performance, make sure you have no overclocks and make sure once you DDU and wipe drivers and reinstall adrenalin from AMD, uncheck auto fan control and make it 100% from 70Degrees, 20% at 25Degrees, 50% fan speed at 55degrees
How do you set the speed for the fan’s

Dec 3, 2019
When i go onto wattman in the driver it just says that my graphic unit is not compitable with wattman so im not able to do anything on there:(

Dec 3, 2019
Ok so i found the problem that made me unable to get readings from the AMD driver, pretty easy fix actually, i just had to go into my BIOS and change the PCIe settings to 3rd gen instead of 4th gen. This way the motherboard know what it is dealing with and is easily able to get the readings it needs :) Thanks for the help tho, maybe it will become useful at a later time :)